Maximum Improvement tips

Started by achaverta
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

achaverta

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
OK- I imagine that this topic has been covered, but I didnt find anything that helped me in particular
My MCAT date is in 2 weeks.
I have done :

AAMC 3- 30 9/11/10
AAMC 4-26 9/8/9
AAMC 11-26 7/ 10/ 9
I analyzed the data- there are certain distinct weak areas with 30- 0% mastery but in most topics l am in the 65-75% range. I have been studying with EK books, EK 1001 questions. I need a tip to get the mastery level up! Will Kaplan Flashcards help? or should i go through topical tests? Anything so that I can hyperlearn in 2 weeks?

Please!
 
Last edited:
9+11+9 = 29.

I've always read that reviewing the hell out of all of your full lengths is one of the most efficient ways to improve a score.

I have a friend who did mostly just this. He took the full lengths at the beginning of his study and used that to plan out his studying. Then he retook all of the exams again. He got a 35 on his MCAT.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I thought of doing that. But I wasn't sure if it a good idea- If i only have 2 weeks. I have reviewed all the content but I don't feel completely confident in how well I mastered it. I will not take it on Aug 10 if i haven't been doing well on the practice tests the week of- But I thought maybe one of you know of a specific study tip which would make the material more ingrained and familiar

Thanks.
 
For what it's worth, reviewing my tests extensively only really helped me remedy the stupid mistakes I was making early on. I didn't make a significant content or strategy gain by doing so. I spent about 10-12 hours from start to finish.

Diff'rent strokes.