May 11th vs May 30th MCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

EMTRNtoDR

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
My question is, should i delay my mcat from the 11th of may till the 30th of may being the fact that my full application will be in sooner? Im a non-traditional student currently an RN in an ER and work 3 12's a week. I'm also taking Orgo II and a Kaplan MCAT review. My Orgo II class ends April 29th, so I will really only have about 10-12 days of study time with only work. If i delay my mcat ill have about 30. Will applying 20 days earlier really help that much? How much better would I have to do to to make up for applying 20-30 days later?
Thanks ahead of time for taking the time to give me advice. =)

Members don't see this ad.

The question is "do you think you will be able to raise your score w/ that additional 20 days?"

Keep in mind that you can apply early and get your application verified without your MCAT score. Just apply to one school from your list whose average accepted MCAT score is or is close to your average practice test score.

Will it delay the school in making some sort of a decision? Can you explain how having it verified will help? I'm not sure what you mean by verified. Thanks a lot for the help.

AktionPOTENTIAL gave you great advice. I actually was thinking about this myself and I am going to apply early w/o my MCAT score so I can get verified quicker. Verifying means ensuring all of the transcripts are in and calculating your grade point average from all of your classes. The longer you wait, the farther behind you are in line. I am taking my MCAT May 23rd.

Question, when is the earliest to submit the app? Is it June 1 or May 1?

Members don't see this ad :)
AktionPOTENTIAL gave you great advice. I actually was thinking about this myself and I am going to apply early w/o my MCAT score so I can get verified quicker. Verifying means ensuring all of the transcripts are in and calculating your grade point average from all of your classes. The longer you wait, the farther behind you are in line. I am taking my MCAT May 23rd.

Question, when is the earliest to submit the app? Is it June 1 or May 1?

The app opens on May 1 (meaning you can start filling it out), but you can't submit until June 1. I also hear most schools don't begin looking at apps until July 1, so as long as you can get verified and such before then, you should be golden.

Will it delay the school in making some sort of a decision? Can you explain how having it verified will help? I'm not sure what you mean by verified. Thanks a lot for the help.

It can take up to six weeks to verify your application which results in a delay of it being delivered to prospective schools. Verification involves checking your transcripts and other application material for errors.

The app opens on May 1 (meaning you can start filling it out), but you can't submit until June 1. I also hear most schools don't begin looking at apps until July 1, so as long as you can get verified and such before then, you should be golden.

Thanks Runican :)