May 15 question

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by nowell, May 15, 2008.

1. nowell

Medical Student
    I realize that this may have already been discussed ad nauseum, so bear with me, but is May 15th the day when we are merely encouraged to hold only one acceptance or when we can no longer get a deposit refunded if we hold multiple spots?

I ask this because I've been content with my single acceptance for quite some time, resigned in my mind to being satisfied there, and now on May 15th exactly, I got into School B that I happen to like a lot better.

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. patzan

patzan Waiting for March 20th

Resident [Any Field]
    You are required to drop all but one acceptance from May 15th on. If you get another acceptance, you must choose between them and drop the other. It is up to the school to give you your deposit back or not (most don't).

4. mc4435

Pre-Medical
    Technically if those schools find out you are holding two acceptances, they can both withdraw your acceptances.

If you were accepted today, you (should) have 2 weeks to decide if you want to "accept" that acceptance from school B.

5. surfstarj

Medical Student
    True, technically you are not holding two acceptances because you haven't accepted the schools offer yet. You have a short amount of time to consider it, pick one and withdraw from the other. Good luck!

Just out of curiosity, since you like it a lot better, shouldn't the decision be easy for you?