1. Hey Guest! Check out the 3 MCAT Study Plan Options listed in the 'stickies' area at the top of the forums (BoomBoom, SN2ed, and MCATJelly). Let us know which you like best.

Also, we now offer a MCAT Test-Prep Exhibitions Forum where you can ask questions directly from the test-prep services.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice

May 16 MCATers

Discussion in 'MCAT Discussions' started by naturallyneha, May 15, 2007.

1. naturallyneha

naturallyneha Junior Member
    5+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    All the best! I'll try to post how things went as soon as I get a chance:)

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. midn

10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Good luck guys.

Also, do inform us about the PS section; it is worrying me quite a bit that they've switched heavily to calculations.

Damnit AAMC, keep it straight!

4. mastamark

mastamark Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Medical Student
    May 16th tester here. Thanks for the well wishes. Everyone else taking it tomorrow give 'em hell. :thumbup:

5. Zendoc

2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    The moment of truth is right ahead...good luck everyone!

6. naturallyneha

5+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    There's 2 threads going on about the May 16 MCAT - I'll probably post on both. Just got done with the MCAT. Overall I thought it was decent. A detailed analysis coming up later!

7. carlosc1dbz

10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    I understand we cannot talk about the test or questions. WHat are the specifications to this rule. I want to talk to someone!!!

8. WonderBoy

Physician 10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    You can talk about the topics on the test but no specific questions on forums.

9. naturallyneha

5+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    Alright. The entire testing experience was good overall. Honestly, it didn't feel like the test was 5 hours long. When I got done, I was like 'wow, it's actually over'.

PS-the 1st couple of passages were simple. Things got slightly harder after that, but I thought it was manageable, except for some Gen Chem questions. I'm also pretty sure there was a mistake in one of the discrete Physics questions on the last screen. I made a note of it in the comments section of the survey I took at the end of the exam.

VR-None of the passages were too bad. I thought one passage was pretty vague and abstract, but thankfully the questions were easy

Essays: Good prompts. Was freaked out for a bit when I realized that I didn't click 'Save' for one essay before time ran out. I think it should be ok, but I'm scared to look for the official word on it. Please reply only if you have positive things to say :D

BS-Again, started out well, meaning I was confident about the answers. Unfortunately, the confidence levels varied inversely with the passage numbers:D

Tip 1: I didn't have to worry about the exam starting without me. You have to click on the screen before it can. I returned after the first break to see 'Your time has run out'. I had to click OK before that screen went on to the next section

Tip 2:
    Read everything on the MCAT syllabus. I thought some topics were unlikely, but there was an entire passage on one such topic on Gen Chem. There are the usual favorites for sure, but just not enough of them!

Hope I made sense..am kinda zoned out now. Cheers to not thinking about the MCAT until next month!