May 16 MCATers

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

naturallyneha

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
All the best! I'll try to post how things went as soon as I get a chance:)

Members don't see this ad.

Good luck guys.

Also, do inform us about the PS section; it is worrying me quite a bit that they've switched heavily to calculations.

Damnit AAMC, keep it straight!

May 16th tester here. Thanks for the well wishes. Everyone else taking it tomorrow give 'em hell. :thumbup:

Members don't see this ad :)
There's 2 threads going on about the May 16 MCAT - I'll probably post on both. Just got done with the MCAT. Overall I thought it was decent. A detailed analysis coming up later!

I understand we cannot talk about the test or questions. WHat are the specifications to this rule. I want to talk to someone!!!

There's 2 threads going on about the May 16 MCAT - I'll probably post on both. Just got done with the MCAT. Overall I thought it was decent. A detailed analysis coming up later!

Alright. The entire testing experience was good overall. Honestly, it didn't feel like the test was 5 hours long. When I got done, I was like 'wow, it's actually over'.

PS-the 1st couple of passages were simple. Things got slightly harder after that, but I thought it was manageable, except for some Gen Chem questions. I'm also pretty sure there was a mistake in one of the discrete Physics questions on the last screen. I made a note of it in the comments section of the survey I took at the end of the exam.

VR-None of the passages were too bad. I thought one passage was pretty vague and abstract, but thankfully the questions were easy

Essays: Good prompts. Was freaked out for a bit when I realized that I didn't click 'Save' for one essay before time ran out. I think it should be ok, but I'm scared to look for the official word on it. Please reply only if you have positive things to say :D

BS-Again, started out well, meaning I was confident about the answers. Unfortunately, the confidence levels varied inversely with the passage numbers:D

Tip 1: I didn't have to worry about the exam starting without me. You have to click on the screen before it can. I returned after the first break to see 'Your time has run out'. I had to click OK before that screen went on to the next section

Tip 2:
Read everything on the MCAT syllabus. I thought some topics were unlikely, but there was an entire passage on one such topic on Gen Chem. There are the usual favorites for sure, but just not enough of them!

Hope I made sense..am kinda zoned out now. Cheers to not thinking about the MCAT until next month!