May CPJE

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kiwon

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just wanted to create a thread for those taking the CPJE this May.
Please share your experience or when you get your results!

goodluck everyone

Members don't see this ad.

I just took it today. Very difficult and not like what I've heard or read on here. I didn't really have HIV, Hem/Onc, or calc questions.

I had a lot of drug interaction questions, a lot of patient repeat back for assessment of understanding, and 3-5 drug specific questions on old drugs.

I feel ok but not confident.

Best of luck to everyone! And hopefully we don't have to wait 30-45 days s/p exam for results

Reactions: 1 user
I just took it today. Very difficult and not like what I've heard or read on here. I didn't really have HIV, Hem/Onc, or calc questions.

I had a lot of drug interaction questions, a lot of patient repeat back for assessment of understanding, and 3-5 drug specific questions on old drugs.

Best of luck to everyone! And hopefully we don't have to wait 30-45 days s/p exam for results

Was this your first time taking the exam?
I'll be retaking my at the end of this month. I did have calculations and some brand/gen hiv the first time i took it. What do you mean drug interaction questions (was it straightforward what should patient not take if already on a certain drug due to DDI)?

thanks

Was this your first time taking the exam?
I'll be retaking my at the end of this month. I did have calculations and some brand/gen hiv the first time i took it. What do you mean drug interaction questions (was it straightforward what should patient not take if already on a certain drug due to DDI)?

thanks

It is my first time for this exam. I've heard it was very difficult and it lived up to its reputation. But knowing this, I've been studying even while on residency for the past 2-3 months.

I had one HIV question but it was more formulation justification regarding TDF vs TAF (tenofivir).

Some DDIs were simple, e.g linezolid an SSRI; however some were more difficult, e.g. "Select which you contact the prescriber to Change in a regimen for protonix (regimen: zofran, Reglan, Pepcid).

I did have some renal type questions but they were you must know which drugs need Renaly dosed.

I did have some old drug questions on things that were all over the place, i.e. From interferon to trospium.

Members don't see this ad :)
It is my first time for this exam. I've heard it was very difficult and it lived up to its reputation. But knowing this, I've been studying even while on residency for the past 2-3 months.

I had one HIV question but it was more formulation justification regarding TDF vs TAF (tenofivir).

Some DDIs were simple, e.g linezolid an SSRI; however some were more difficult, e.g. "Select which you contact the prescriber to Change in a regimen for protonix (regimen: zofran, Reglan, Pepcid).

I did have some renal type questions but they were you must know which drugs need Renaly dosed.

I did have some old drug questions on things that were all over the place, i.e. From interferon to trospium.

man sounds difficult for sure.
I'll let u know how my goes.

goodluck!

I took it the same day as you. Can you please let me know when you receive your results?

I thought the exam was a lot more difficult than the last time I took it. Had so much drug interaction questions :( Please let me know if you guys get your scores.

I got the similar version as yours today... and I've taken CPJE before last year, this was totally different. No math, whatsoever, which was a letdown, so many law questions.. a lot of them were difficult, I still can't find the answers to the questions in the Weissman! or the California Pharmacy Law Book! Did they change the format somehow this year? I just hope they are not counted. The top 350 generic brand didn't really help lol

I agree there were meds that I've never seen before. I walked out feeling I missed 15+ questions. Did anyone else feel the same?

Took the Exam May 2nd and still no letter!!! smh.

Guess i'll get it june 18th with a post mark date of June 15th!!! anyone here from the board in regards to when we can expect our letters? got my life on Hold for this!!!

Took the Exam May 2nd and still no letter!!! smh.

Guess i'll get it june 18th with a post mark date of June 15th!!! anyone here from the board in regards to when we can expect our letters? got my life on Hold for this!!!

Havent heard back either. From past months they usually send around 2nd week so probably around next week or week after that. Have you tried calling them?

Members don't see this ad :)
I got the similar version as yours today... and I've taken CPJE before last year, this was totally different. No math, whatsoever, which was a letdown, so many law questions.. a lot of them were difficult, I still can't find the answers to the questions in the Weissman! or the California Pharmacy Law Book! Did they change the format somehow this year? I just hope they are not counted. The top 350 generic brand didn't really help lol
I am taking it next week please if you can help what parts they asked about more do you remember any medications the law part is it easy???

Hi. What was your test date?

I took my at the end of May. They usually combine all the month's test scores and send it by the second week of the next month so I'm hoping they'll do the same. The max waiting period is 45 days tho, unless there's a QA.

Just wanted to create a thread for those taking the CPJE this May.
Please share your experience or when you get your results!

goodluck everyone
dose any question clinical like naplex asking about diagnoses, also is there any questions has step of using medication . like asthma ones

Took exam on 05/02 still waiting for result anxiously! I felt like I missed 20+ questions. Mostly law and dd interaction lm not sure what answers were.... smh ... hoping for the best!!!

I took my at the end of May. They usually combine all the month's test scores and send it by the second week of the next month so I'm hoping they'll do the same. The max waiting period is 45 days tho, unless there's a QA.
They said that they haven't sent results for examinees that took the test after Apr 29. The wait is terrible. I took mine May 15 and already feel like I've been waiting forever.

They said that they haven't sent results for examinees that took the test after Apr 29. The wait is terrible. I took mine May 15 and already feel like I've been waiting forever.

Same here waiting is the worst :(

Took exam on 05/02 still waiting for result anxiously! I felt like I missed 20+ questions. Mostly law and dd interaction lm not sure what answers were.... smh ... hoping for the best!!!

Did you check your answers when you got home? I also felt like i had a lot wrong. I was unsure on some of the law as well

Did you check your answers when you got home? I also felt like i had a lot wrong. I was unsure on some of the law as well
I did for some straight forward questions. For some law, I'm not so sure since it's super confused. I felt like I failed after I walked out the exam. Some questions are tricky

Someone from another thread just posted that they got their result from cpje they took in may. Anyone else have updates?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Someone from another thread just posted that they got their result from cpje they took in may. Anyone else have updates?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
I didn't get anything today. I live in Southern California.
Maybe we'll get it tomorrow?

Last edited:
called the board today and they said they have no update and that it can take between 45-60 days.... today was day 45.... i'll call back monday i guess.

called the board today and they said they have no update and that it can take between 45-60 days.... today was day 45.... i'll call back monday i guess.

Thanks for the update! Weird that some poster on another thread got the result but none of us did. Someone told me there's no cpje exams open in July. I wonder if that means they are combining both May and June scores together then we'd have to wait till like July to hear our scores? omg

Thanks for the update! Weird that some poster on another thread got the result but none of us did. Someone told me there's no cpje exams open in July. I wonder if that means they are combining both May and June scores together then we'd have to wait till like July to hear our scores? omg
When did you take the exam? There's opening in July

Read this from another thread:

Not sure if this is true but I have theory that if you go to the psi website and it says that your score was sent to the board you failed but if it says (PRExx/xx/xx) with the x's being a few days after your exam date you passed

Any thoughts??

Took exam 5/17 still waiting...going crazy -__-

Read this from another thread:

Not sure if this is true but I have theory that if you go to the psi website and it says that your score was sent to the board you failed but if it says (PRExx/xx/xx) with the x's being a few days after your exam date you passed

Any thoughts??

Took exam 5/17 still waiting...going crazy -__-
Well the I must be failed since I took exam on 05/02 and the date show was PRE 06/05/2017

update from the board. They have not sent letters out yet. They sent out results on May 23rd for people who took the exam in march and up to April 28th.
other than that they have no updates.

Reactions: 1 users
update from the board. They have not sent letters out yet. They sent out results on May 23rd for people who took the exam in march and up to April 28th.
Thank you for the update!

I took my exam on April 24th and i still don't have my results. The end of this week will be 60 days.

I also don't believe too much on that PSI theory but mine says PRE 05/01/2017. I took it 04/24/17.

I took my exam on April 24th and i still don't have my results. The end of this week will be 60 days.

I also don't believe too much on that PSI theory but mine says PRE 05/01/2017. I took it 04/24/17.
if i was you i'd give them a call because based on what the lady told me... you should have received your letter.

I emailed them last week and they said my results haven't been released yet. I also call them every other day to check if any results have been sent out.

if i was you i'd give them a call because based on what the lady told me... you should have received your letter.

Thanks for the advice tho. Forgot to mention that above.

Anyways, I now think the "PRE XX/XX/XXXX" is the date the BOP receives your scores, or something like what batch you are apart of. That would make sense when they say they released up to April 28th. Maybe I wasn't apart of the release because I was part of 5/1/2017 even tho i took my exam 4/24/17? I don't know but that is the only explanation i can think of.