May not have enough time to hear back from school

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dr.Jack

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello SDN, I recently found out that I was awarded the HPSP. My recruiter told me that I have until March to decide which school I will be attending. However, I recently interview at UPenn (my number one choice) and not sure if I will get a response in time from them. Any advice on what I could do?

Members don't see this ad.

First off, congrats! How did you hear back so soon on HPSP? I know a few of us here are eagerly awaiting the most recent AMEDD board results.

As the deadline approaches, I would just reach out to the admissions office at UPenn and let them know your situation- I’m sure at a minimum could give you some insight into their timeline. Post Dec 1st I’ve heard of acceptances going out the next day after an interview, so I’d be shocked if you don’t hear something by then. Good luck!

Reactions: 1 user
Do you have any acceptances? I am pretty sure you can 'decide' on a school, but change it later to upenn if you get in.

Members don't see this ad :)
Just tell them other dental schools you got accepted so far. You always have the option of changing the school you eventually end up matriculating into along with your HPSP scholarship.

First off, congrats! How did you hear back so soon on HPSP? I know a few of us here are eagerly awaiting the most recent AMEDD board results.

As the deadline approaches, I would just reach out to the admissions office at UPenn and let them know your situation- I’m sure at a minimum could give you some insight into their timeline. Post Dec 1st I’ve heard of acceptances going out the next day after an interview, so I’d be shocked if you don’t hear something by then. Good luck!

Thank you! Not sure if it's different for each branch but my application was sent out in November for the first Navy boards.

First Navy board was actually in mid-January according to my recruiter. This year was weird since there weren't any pre-december boards.