maybe dumb question?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Spoonbig21

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Ok, just wondering if ALL physics, chem, math and bio grades go towards GPA for AAMC because I have grades for college algebra, trig and a intro physics class and the general physics I class.... will all these be counted?

Members don't see this ad.

BCMP grades:

2 semesters General Biology with lab
2 semesters General Chemistry with lab
2 semesters Organic Chemistry with lab
2 semesters General Physics with lab
2 semesters Calculus (not sure what college level algebra is, and trig is more of a high school thing?)

Correct me if I'm wrong, but if you're a science major, you count all your science courses, correct?

As far as I understand it, EVERY SINGLE CLASS that you indicate as "biology, chemistry, physics, or math" on your AMCAS application will count towards your BCPM GPA.

When you enter your courses and grades, there's a little drop down menu where you select which category it fits under.

Algebra, trig, etc, are all undoubtedly "math".
Physics I is undoubtedly "physics"

I think these classes will count towards your BCPM GPA. Anyone else have a different opinion on this?

pre-calc/statistics and above is what is taken into consideration, that's what i always thought.