• The site has been updated!

If you see any bugs, please report them in this thread.

=== Mayo 2007 === The Remix ===

mikeinsd

predictably unpredictable
10+ Year Member
Nov 4, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
Well guys, step one is over, the waiting, the crying, the rank emails, the hold emails, and for the lucky few, the acceptances...

now the waiting begins, and so i fugured i would mark this changing point with the new thread, seeing as though the other one is about to pop :D

good luck to everyone still waiting (including me) and congrats to those who already got the good news...

mikeinsd

10+ Year Member
Nov 4, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
...and in case anyone comes in late and feels like adding to the list...

12loser12 - Interviewed 2/9
Bananaboat - Interviewed 2/5, Ranked 2/22
cajunstar18 - on hold 12/22
Eazye- Interviewed 11/6. hold late dec
echostormfury - oh hold, January
Ersatzious - interviewed 1/19, accepted 1/25 (MSTP)
Gopherthegold - interviewed 12/11, rank 1/3, hold 1/18
gsmithers68 - interviewed 10/20, rank/hold december
Khanal007 - interviewed 10/13, hold late december
kiwibasket - interviewed 10/23, hold 12/12
kmrake-interview 11/27/06, hold 1/18/07
Melissainsd - interview on 11/27, on hold 12/22
Mikeinsd - ranked 1/18, hold 2/21
NovemberWhiskey - interviewed 12/11, accepted 2/8
Nutmeg618 - ranked 1/18, hold 2/21
pyrois - accepted 2/8
rach4214 - interviewed 1/29, ranked 2/16, accepted 2/22
Stch001 - interviewed dec, on hold jan
shadowBoricua - interviewed 12/01, accepted 01/17
Twitch - Interview 10/20; Hold 12/13
Xibye - on hold, late January sometime

About the Ads

gsmithers68

10+ Year Member
Nov 30, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
I got in on this late...
I'm a Mayo acceptee. Is anyone here planning on matriculating there?

There is a thread in the allo forums for acceptees who are planning to matriculate.

This thread is for post-interview hold/waitlist candidates praying that somehow we don't receive the inevitable rejection letter within the next couple weeks... :luck: :luck:

mikeinsd

10+ Year Member
Nov 4, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
so the last couple posts on the old Mayo 2007 were about people getting their rejection/hold letters... but we still dont know how those came... by mail? email? telegram? telepathy?

sharing is caring!

Twitch

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jun 17, 2004
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
so the last couple posts on the old Mayo 2007 were about people getting their rejection/hold letters... but we still dont know how those came... by mail? email? telegram? telepathy?

sharing is caring!

Did the old thread get closed down? For those "on hold" anyone hear about gettting on the waitlist?

gsmithers68

10+ Year Member
Nov 30, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
I don't think they have sent out any decisions yet for waitlist or rejection letters. I think the previous posters were just talking of the hold letters they received electronically.

bananaboat

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Aug 8, 2005
Status (Visible)
12loser12 - Interviewed 2/9
Bananaboat - Interviewed 2/5, Ranked 2/22, Hold :( Mar/6
cajunstar18 - on hold 12/22
Eazye- Interviewed 11/6. hold late dec
echostormfury - oh hold, January
Ersatzious - interviewed 1/19, accepted 1/25 (MSTP)
Gopherthegold - interviewed 12/11, rank 1/3, hold 1/18
gsmithers68 - interviewed 10/20, rank/hold december
Khanal007 - interviewed 10/13, hold late december
kiwibasket - interviewed 10/23, hold 12/12
kmrake-interview 11/27/06, hold 1/18/07
Melissainsd - interview on 11/27, on hold 12/22
Mikeinsd - ranked 1/18, hold 2/21
NovemberWhiskey - interviewed 12/11, accepted 2/8
Nutmeg618 - ranked 1/18, hold 2/21
pyrois - accepted 2/8
rach4214 - interviewed 1/29, ranked 2/16, accepted 2/22
Stch001 - interviewed dec, on hold jan
shadowBoricua - interviewed 12/01, accepted 01/17
Twitch - Interview 10/20; Hold 12/13
Xibye - on hold, late January sometime

About the Ads

Dr. C. Troy

10+ Year Member
May 5, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
When I interviewed, I distinctly remember them saying that March 15th would be the last day where they fill the acceptances, before the waitlisting and rejecting begins.

So I'm going to hold on to the belief that they didn't lie to me when I was in Rochester :D

gsmithers68

10+ Year Member
Nov 30, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
I was wondering if anybody knows what Mayo's policy is on deferring acceptance. Do they usually allow anybody to defer or only special cases?

I didn't have the balls to ask this at any of my interviews haha. But from my outside knowledge (I almost applied to Teach for America) they did not offer deferrals for that? Therefore, I am not sure if they allow them? Maybe under REALLY strict circumstances. Maybe.

gopherthegold

10+ Year Member
Dec 12, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
So I'm kind of bummed after finding out that I wasn't getting into Harvard today, and I was just wondering why people haven't been anticipating the Mayo D-Day tomorrow with a little more anticipation?? Does anyone know if we should expect to get an email or a snail mail letter, or what is happening tomorrow??

NervousNed

10+ Year Member
Oct 12, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
So I'm kind of bummed after finding out that I wasn't getting into Harvard today, and I was just wondering why people haven't been anticipating the Mayo D-Day tomorrow with a little more anticipation?? Does anyone know if we should expect to get an email or a snail mail letter, or what is happening tomorrow??

harvard and mayo are real tough schools to get in...to even get interviews at schools like that is quite an accomplishment so dont be bummed, even though i know how it is to not get into the school you wanted if you have an acceptance your going to be a doctor still...just try and think when you were at the point of hoping to get into a medschool period, so maybe the position your in now will seem much brighter :p

tch001

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jan 6, 2006
Charlottesville, VA
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student

ditto, mayo and harvard why do you forsake me so? oh well.

About the Ads

Ersatzious

Mayo MSTP MS1
10+ Year Member
Oct 26, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student

Based on last year's Mayo thread, alternates are notified by email, rejections by snail mail only.

Ersatzious

Mayo MSTP MS1
10+ Year Member
Oct 26, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
So if we dont' hear anything tomorrow..... :eek: :scared:

Looks like last year the deadline was officially pushed from the 15th to the 31st but then notifications went out early on the 27/28th? Someone should call tomorrow as the adcoms may be running behind.

Do you know if anyone got accepted at this point last year or is tomorrow simply a difference between waitlist and rejection??

5 were accepted—enough to fill remaining spots.

Here is the thread for the curious.

Good luck! :luck:

rach4214

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jan 21, 2007
Status (Visible)
I asked Jane that, and she sort of smiled and said she couldn't say...Later I was talking to the med students and they told me they had all seen the list and the class was full. But who knows, maybe they were confused or mixed up about it?

owenmichael

10+ Year Member
Jul 9, 2005
Status (Visible)
I asked Jane that, and she sort of smiled and said she couldn't say...Later I was talking to the med students and they told me they had all seen the list and the class was full. But who knows, maybe they were confused or mixed up about it?

saw the list.. it's full
don't give up hope.. people definatley get of the waitlist!

About the Ads

melissainsd

10+ Year Member
Nov 2, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
will the waitlist email show your rank on the list? i wish more schools sent it like that.

The class is too small to have a ranked waitlist and still end up with a very diverse group. From what I was told, if someone withdraws their spot, they look for a similar applicant to fill their spot. So if there are any older female applicants considering withdrawing...

tch001

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jan 6, 2006
Charlottesville, VA
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
The class is too small to have a ranked waitlist and still end up with a very diverse group. From what I was told, if someone withdraws their spot, they look for a similar applicant to fill their spot. So if there are any older female applicants considering withdrawing...

No e-mail yet :( this isn't lookng good...

Ersatzious

Mayo MSTP MS1
10+ Year Member
Oct 26, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
anyone hear anything? i have heard nothing...still anxiously waiting

As I am just sitting around waiting for a reaction to finish and would rather not see you guys fret all evening, I called, specially asking when the alternate list email would go out. The word? "Probably going out tomorrow. They're working on them right now."

Twitch

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jun 17, 2004
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
As I am just sitting around waiting for a reaction to finish and would rather not see you guys fret all evening, I called, specially asking when the alternate list email would go out. The word? "Probably going out tomorrow. They're working on them right now."

Thanks for calling. Looks like we're not rejected....yet.

And tomorrow folks... Good Luck all! :luck:

melissainsd

10+ Year Member
Nov 2, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student

*Lets out a deep breath*

I was away from my computer for the last few hours and I was stressing about the emails. Thanks for calling.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.