Mayo Clinic School of Health Sciences

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

HopefulDPT96

SPT
2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all!

I wanted to jump on here and ask if anyone has heard from the Mayo Clinic at all or knows when we might be hearing? I interviewed 4 weeks ago and am starting to get really nervous! Hopefully someone will be in the same boat as me :shrug:

EDIT: I got accepted! Is anyone else attending? I’d love to meet other people going!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Hi all!

I wanted to jump on here and ask if anyone has heard from the Mayo Clinic at all or knows when we might be hearing? I interviewed 4 weeks ago and am starting to get really nervous! Hopefully someone will be in the same boat as me :shrug:

Hang tight! I interviewed a couple weeks ago and they said that the admissions committee is meeting today (10/17/2018) to go over the first round of interviewed applicants! Should hear back by the end of October if not sooner.

Hi all!

have you heard back from them yet??

Members don't see this ad :)
Let me know if you hear anything! If I don’t hear anything by next Friday, which will be 8 weeks since my interview, I might email Joy to ask about when we might hear.

Let me know what Joy says if you do choose to email her!

Let me know if you hear anything! If I don’t hear anything by next Friday, which will be 8 weeks since my interview, I might email Joy to ask about when we might hear.

Well....I'm not sure if this means anything, but I just spoke to another person that was in the interview group I was part of and he heard back from Mayo Clinic 2 weeks ago. Not sure If this should make me nervous or not...

Well....I'm not sure if this means anything, but I just spoke to another person that was in the interview group I was part of and he heard back from Mayo Clinic 2 weeks ago. Not sure If this should make me nervous or not...
That’s super weird! Did he get in? I actually just heard back and my interview was in September, so I wouldn’t worry too much. I was waitlisted. It’s not the worst news in the world because I’m already in at St. Catherine’s, but it just prolongs the whole process. It’s better than a rejection! Mayo is my top choice school, so if I get pulled off I’ll be attending. Let me know if you hear!

That’s super weird! Did he get in? I actually just heard back and my interview was in September, so I wouldn’t worry too much. I was waitlisted. It’s not the worst news in the world because I’m already in at St. Catherine’s, but it just prolongs the whole process. It’s better than a rejection! Mayo is my top choice school, so if I get pulled off I’ll be attending. Let me know if you hear!

So I forgot to get on, but I also heard on Friday and I was waitlisted at Mayo. Funny enough is I am also waitlisted at St. Kates. So I'm good enough, but not quite hahahaha. Would you rather be at Mayo?

So I forgot to get on, but I also heard on Friday and I was waitlisted at Mayo. Funny enough is I am also waitlisted at St. Kates. So I'm good enough, but not quite hahahaha. Would you rather be at Mayo?
Yes, I think so. I’d rather be in the Twin Cities than Rochester, but Mayo impressed me so much and I can really see myself there. Also the amount of clinical hours they have in their program just can’t be beat!

Yes, I think so. I’d rather be in the Twin Cities than Rochester, but Mayo impressed me so much and I can really see myself there. Also the amount of clinical hours they have in their program just can’t be beat!

Thats exactly how I feel. We would be well prepared and the Twin Cities are only 70 miles away. I'm coming from a city of 31,000 people so Rochester will feel massive for me!

Thats exactly how I feel. We would be well prepared and the Twin Cities are only 70 miles away. I'm coming from a city of 31,000 people so Rochester will feel massive for me!
Hey! I just got an email this morning letting me know that I was accepted to Mayo’s program!! I hope that you will hear some good news soon as well :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey! I just got an email this morning letting me know that I was accepted to Mayo’s program!! I hope that you will hear some good news soon as well :)

Congrats! Are you going to tell St. Kate's nevermind? I'm excited for you, hopefully I hear something soon!

I just remembered that you said Mayo is your top choice haha! Watch you will take the acceptance there and tell St. Kates nevermind and then I will get moved to accepted there haha!

I just remembered that you said Mayo is your top choice haha! Watch you will take the acceptance there and tell St. Kates nevermind and then I will get moved to accepted there haha!
Yes! I’m going to wait until I know that my deposit has gone through at Mayo and then let St. Kate’s know that I won’t be attending. Hopefully that will open up a spot for you!

Just want to bump this thread! Has anyone else gotten in here and planning on attending?

I’m interviewing in a few weeks, how was the interview?
It was great! They really make you feel comfortable before the actual interview. You get to hear a presentation that talks all about the program, and then spend time getting to know the current students on a tour. The actual interview takes between 20-40 minutes and they just asked typical behavioral types of questions.

It was great! They really make you feel comfortable before the actual interview. You get to hear a presentation that talks all about the program, and then spend time getting to know the current students on a tour. The actual interview takes between 20-40 minutes and they just asked typical behavioral types of questions.

So I forgot to tell you but I got accepted about 4 weeks ago and should be attending Mayo, unless when I go visit Rochester again there is something that just doesn't feel right, which I highly doubt.

So I forgot to tell you but I got accepted about 4 weeks ago and should be attending Mayo, unless when I go visit Rochester again there is something that just doesn't feel right, which I highly doubt.
That's great, congrats! You're the first person that I've talked to who has been accepted. I just submitted my deposit today actually. When are you going to visit again? Looks like we will be classmates!

Hi! I got into Mayo and will be attending!

No, I'm actually from Kansas!
Oh cool! How did you decided to come up to Mayo? If you want to send me a private message instead you definitely can! I’m not able to message you because your page is limited on who can view it.

Oh cool! How did you decided to come up to Mayo? If you want to send me a private message instead you definitely can! I’m not able to message you because your page is limited on who can view it.

Your profile says the same thing actually!

I'm looking forward to the move to Rochester. It will be a huge difference from where I currently live in WY (town of 30k people). Have you guys looked into housing yet? There is a program for med student residents called the match program that happens during the second or third week of march and anyone who learns their accepted for residency at the hospital goes out and secures housing. This being said the market gets pretty thin, luckily I believe most of them buy houses rather than get into rentals.

I'm looking forward to the move to Rochester. It will be a huge difference from where I currently live in WY (town of 30k people). Have you guys looked into housing yet? There is a program for med student residents called the match program that happens during the second or third week of march and anyone who learns their accepted for residency at the hospital goes out and secures housing. This being said the market gets pretty thin, luckily I believe most of them buy houses rather than get into rentals.
Congrats on officially making a decision! I haven’t figured out housing yet. I feel like it’s really difficult to do when we don’t have the names or contact information of anyone in the program. Hopefully we will receive that information soon...

Congrats on officially making a decision! I haven’t figured out housing yet. I feel like it’s really difficult to do when we don’t have the names or contact information of anyone in the program. Hopefully we will receive that information soon...

yeah that makes it hard. We are supposed to receive an email this month. I have a place already, but not moving until June, so heres to paying for an empty home...

yeah that makes it hard. We are supposed to receive an email this month. I have a place already, but not moving until June, so heres to paying for an empty home...
Ah that’s rough. At least you have peace of mind knowing that you have a place! How did you hear that we would get an email this month?

In an email I received after they received my letter of acceptance