RadOncRudy

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Feb 22, 2007
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
Did anyone else get the interview invite for Mayo Jax yesterday? I replied to the appropriate email as soon as I got the invite and apparently the coordinator is on vacation starting yesterday per an auto-reply email. Anyone think or know if it's okay to just wait to hear about a date once she's back or should I call one of the phone numbers in the out of office reply? I don't want to miss out on the interview, but don't want to be a pain either...anyone else in this situation? Thanks!

neutron reaper

10+ Year Member
Sep 30, 2007
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
I called one of the phone numbers and she said she would leave her a note. So basically the other people you can call will not schedule your interview. Just email her.

About the Ads

RadOncRudy

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Feb 22, 2007
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
Thanks all, I'll just wait for the email back. Maybe see you in Jacksonville!

mikedc813

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Mar 15, 2004
Baltimore
www.studentdoctor.net
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
I was in email contact with Katherine Townsend yesterday but she never sent me a confirmation of my interview date.

I was also surprised to see that they provide a hotel. Anyone know if any other programs do the same?

Wm Tell

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Aug 8, 2007
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
I just got a interview date confirmation this morning.

Nelk6

10+ Year Member
Jul 12, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
Anyone able to get in touch/get confirmation with the PC at Miami?

Cancerdancer

10+ Year Member
Jul 20, 2007
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
Anyone able to get in touch/get confirmation with the PC at Miami?

Yeah, I called her to confirm and got through. She said she'd send me an email packet of info (hotels etc) as well as the official invite letter by snail mail. Haven't received either of those...

UrbanAmish

Connectile dysfunction
10+ Year Member
May 22, 2007
Status (Visible)
  1. Psychologist
hi guys

anybody know the best way to travel from JAX airport to Mayo-Jax? it's a 30-45 min trip. apparently there is no airport shuttle. i'm not having any luck identifying public transportation/bus via the internets. looks like a car rental? thanks

RadOncRudy

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Feb 22, 2007
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
I got a rental car on priceline for $23/day from JAX airport...probably your best bet. good luck!

achybrachy

DysMember
10+ Year Member
Mar 14, 2007
America's Dairyland
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
I got a rental car on priceline for $23/day from JAX airport...probably your best bet. good luck!

I rented a car too and was glad I did. The clinic isn't really within walking distance of any restaurants or anything else for that matter, but the beach is like a 10 min drive away.

Someone quoted me like $65 by taxi to the airport from the clinic.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.