Mayo Post-Phone Interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bjackrian

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone. I just wanted to see if Mayo has been quick at getting back to everyone else post-phone interview. I did the phone interview on 10/19, and I haven't heard anything by e-mail (where I believe they send on-site interview invitations) nor by snail mail (where I believe they send rejections). I thouhgt they said that they would let us know our status in 2-3 weeks. Anyone else had this kind of a delay, or should I call to see if something was misdelivered? :confused:

Members don't see this ad.

bjackrian said:
Hi everyone. I just wanted to see if Mayo has been quick at getting back to everyone else post-phone interview. I did the phone interview on 10/19, and I haven't heard anything by e-mail (where I believe they send on-site interview invitations) nor by snail mail (where I believe they send rejections). I thouhgt they said that they would let us know our status in 2-3 weeks. Anyone else had this kind of a delay, or should I call to see if something was misdelivered? :confused:

I had a mayo phone interview about a week ago. The interviewer told me that they've fallen behind, so I should give them a month or more to get back to me. I imagine that you're somewhere in their backlogged stack of applications. Seeing that it's been about a month, I imagine you'll hear from them soon. If your post is correct, hopefully their response will show up in your email. Late

AJnAK182 (can't log out of my bro's account for some reason)

Members don't see this ad :)
My friend did her phone interview some time in October and heard back about her in person interview a couple weeks later. She interviewed again last week, and they told her it would take 4-6 weeks to hear if she's accepted/rejected/ranked. I wouldn't hesitate to call Mayo. They are super nice, and will try really hard to give you a solid answer.

I was just wondering how long it took everyone to hear that they got an interview after their application was complete.

Khenon said:
My friend did her phone interview some time in October and heard back about her in person interview a couple weeks later. She interviewed again last week, and they told her it would take 4-6 weeks to hear if she's accepted/rejected/ranked. I wouldn't hesitate to call Mayo. They are super nice, and will try really hard to give you a solid answer.

texaninphilly said:
I was just wondering how long it took everyone to hear that they got an interview after their application was complete.

Well with Mayo it's a little different. You have to send them your application fee, just for them to look at your AMCAS application. If they ask you for a phone interview, that's your "secondary." They will also ask for LOR's, etc, at that time. I believe my friend submitted her AMCAS the 1st of August (maybe end of July), and heard about her phone interview by the end of September (scheduled for October). So I guess about 6 weeks from when her AMCAS was submitted, and then like I said above, about 2 weeks from when completed her phone interview she was contacted about her in person interview. But the later you submit/do your phone interview, the later all these times will be. Apparently Mayo got a record number of applications this year, so they're really bogged down. But the OP mentioned he did his phone interview mid-October, which makes me think he should call them for an update.

Thank you for your response :)

Khenon said:
Well with Mayo it's a little different. You have to send them your application fee, just for them to look at your AMCAS application. If they ask you for a phone interview, that's your "secondary." They will also ask for LOR's, etc, at that time. I believe my friend submitted her AMCAS the 1st of August (maybe end of July), and heard about her phone interview by the end of September (scheduled for October). So I guess about 6 weeks from when her AMCAS was submitted, and then like I said above, about 2 weeks from when completed her phone interview she was contacted about her in person interview. But the later you submit/do your phone interview, the later all these times will be. Apparently Mayo got a record number of applications this year, so they're really bogged down. But the OP mentioned he did his phone interview mid-October, which makes me think he should call them for an update.

Hey, I did my phone interview the same day! No word yet. I emailed them a week ago and they said the dean was out of town for a while and so they were behind, but that I should hear within a week. It has been one week today so we'll see!

Ranger47 said:
Hey, I did my phone interview the same day! No word yet. I emailed them a week ago and they said the dean was out of town for a while and so they were behind, but that I should hear within a week. It has been one week today so we'll see!
Excellent. Keeping my fingers crossed. :)

How long does it take to even get word about the telephone interview????

My AMCAS was verified on 8/19, they claimed that they sent me an email the end of August, but I never got it, and I look through very meticulously. So my $75 check went in during mid-October, and once again...no word. Any thoughts?

akpete said:
How long does it take to even get word about the telephone interview????

My AMCAS was verified on 8/19, they claimed that they sent me an email the end of August, but I never got it, and I look through very meticulously. So my $75 check went in during mid-October, and once again...no word. Any thoughts?

You're probably looking at a longer wait, since they're already behind. I think it took about 4-6 weeks from the time they received their check to when they contacted people about phone interviews. I also know they're booked with phone interviews until after the new year. So you may not hear anything until next year. Don't worry though. Mayo is REALLY quick with the rejections, so if you're not rejected then they probably just haven't had a chance to look through your app yet.

From the time my check cleared until I got a phone interview was about a month, but that was in August so I am sure it will take longer now.

Also, my sis-in-law had her phone interview last week and they said she wouldn't hear anything for 4 weeks.

Phone Interview 10/22...haven't heard anything from Mayo since, although I'm just happy at this point I haven't been rejected...it's been a tough month so far

I got my post-phone rejection 3-4 weeks after the phone interview. I think if they don't email you 2 weeks after the interview, that's it =[

bjackrian said:
I got an interview! It took five weeks for them to get back to me, so don't lose hope yet guys!

That's really good news!! Best of luck to you :thumbup:

kikkoman said:
I got my post-phone rejection 3-4 weeks after the phone interview. I think if they don't email you 2 weeks after the interview, that's it =[

first of all, mayo freakin rocks. hope you guys get to see the place.

in regards to the interview, though my on-site interview came just after 2 weeks of the phone interview, they recently told me that they are getting a lot more applications than previous years, so they have been pretty swamped. so it may take as long as a month or two to hear from them.

good luck everyone,

and after the on-site interview, they get back to you in about a month. pretty good turn over time :). i think it's b/c they only interview a couple people per day.

Yup, that was the post-interview timeline for me as well. They really are good about communicating (just sounds like they've gotten a bit busy)

To those of you waiting to hear about interviews - Good Luck! Mayo really does rock. I hope you get to see it.
To those of us sitting on the waitlist - Good Luck! May we get the chance to see that flat little town again
To those of you who've been accepted - Wow!!! (Congrats i77ac) very very impressive.