Mayo turnaround

Started by ewells
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

ewells

Big Daddy
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
How long did it take Mayo to get back to you with an invitation for on-site interview/rejection once you did your phone interview?
 
I've heard from people that got rejections within a couple of weeks of the phone interview. The acceptances that I know of where more like a month after the interview.

I have heard that Mayo does rolling admissions and works on a standard point system giving points to each aspect of the application, each week accepting a few people with the highest points and rejecting those with the lowest points.

I have my phone interview next week and am excited to have been considered at Mayo...especially since its the only school I've heard from so far..
 
I had my interview on Wednesday, and at the end, Jane told me they try and get back to people pretty quickly. She said I should hopefully hear next week.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed and double-crossed.

Good Luck!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I had my phone interview in early October, and heard about a week later that I got an on-site interview. I don't know about what poindexter said, cuz I had my onsite interview the first week in November and have yet to get a decision. They let me know that my application went to the committee, but from what I was told, the process is exactly as mpp said. They accept those with the points every couple weeks (but don't really reject interviewees till march/april). Even after the committee meets and aggrees on people, they still take 4 to 6 weeks to call, according to Jane. But the committee does meet every couple weeks, so maybe that is what poindexter heard. I dunno, it looks to be a discrepency.
 
Just to clear up any confusion, even though this was way back on page four: I had my phone interview on the 19th, which is when Jane told me they try to make the phone interview--on-site interview turnaround time pretty fast.

As for after the on-site interview, I've heard the same thing--it can take forever.