MBA at Loma Linda University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mddre

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have recently been looking at the MBA in health administration program in the School of Public Health at Loma Linda University. I actually met with one of the administrators at school and came away feeling that the school would be a good fit for me. I was wondering if anyone could provide me with any feedbacks regarding the quality of the program or talk about their experience a little? I would love to hear from some current students or recent graduates...or quite simply anyone who knows enough about the programs. Thanks a bunch...

Members don't see this ad.

I also recently started looking around for more info regarding their School of Public Health. I requested information about the programs to be sent to me and this is what they gave me on their MBA in Health Admin:

Prereqs:
-2 quantitative undergrad courses (select from accounting, operations, finance, and economics)
-2 qualitative undergrad courses (select from management, communication, human resources, organizational behavior, and marketing)

Program consists of 51 units total:
-Health Administration Core (21 units)
  • Approved course in Ethics (counts as religion requirement)
  • Health Care Marketing
  • Health Systems Strategic Planning
  • Legal and Regulatory Issues in Health Administration
  • Managerial Accounting for Health Care Organization
  • Managing Human Resources in Health Care Organizations
  • Organizational Behavior in Health Care

-Master of Business Administration Core (27 units)
  • Health Care Economic Policy
  • Health Care Finance
  • Health Care Investment and Portfolio Issues
  • Health Care Policy
  • Health Care Quality Management
  • Health Systems Operations Management
  • International Economic Policy
  • Management Information Systems in Health Care
  • Public Health Policy

-Internship (3 units)
  • HADM 695 Administrative Internship (may be waived w/ minimum 2 yr work experience in a related area)

mddre said:
    I have recently been looking at the MBA in health administration program in the School of Public Health at Loma Linda University. I actually met with one of the administrators at school and came away feeling that the school would be a good fit for me. I was wondering if anyone could provide me with any feedbacks regarding the quality of the program or talk about their experience a little? I would love to hear from some current students or recent graduates...or quite simply anyone who knows enough about the programs. Thanks a bunch...

GoMeesh said:
I also recently started looking around for more info regarding their School of Public Health. I requested information about the programs to be sent to me and this is what they gave me on their MBA in Health Admin:

Prereqs:
-2 quantitative undergrad courses (select from accounting, operations, finance, and economics)
-2 qualitative undergrad courses (select from management, communication, human resources, organizational behavior, and marketing)

Program consists of 51 units total:
-Health Administration Core (21 units)
  • Approved course in Ethics (counts as religion requirement)
  • Health Care Marketing
  • Health Systems Strategic Planning
  • Legal and Regulatory Issues in Health Administration
  • Managerial Accounting for Health Care Organization
  • Managing Human Resources in Health Care Organizations
  • Organizational Behavior in Health Care

-Master of Business Administration Core (27 units)
  • Health Care Economic Policy
  • Health Care Finance
  • Health Care Investment and Portfolio Issues
  • Health Care Policy
  • Health Care Quality Management
  • Health Systems Operations Management
  • International Economic Policy
  • Management Information Systems in Health Care
  • Public Health Policy

-Internship (3 units)
  • HADM 695 Administrative Internship (may be waived w/ minimum 2 yr work experience in a related area)

• Thank you very much for sharing the informantion with me. I actually had the same papers mailed to me along with their application. I was actually looking for some people who already in the porgram or know people who are in it. I'll probably be sending in my application later!!!