MBBS at UERMMMC from 2007

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

zuddha

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hi all,
any one of you heard about uermmmc starting an mbbs programme tailored specifically for indian students? the uerm website mentions it. i think it would be a first. would those who have an idea about the programme and the university, recommend it? and what advice would you have for any potential sub-continent students? i believe classes will start from mid-sept, 2007 or the first week of oct, 2007.
cheers

Members don't see this ad.

hi all,
any one of you heard about uermmmc starting an mbbs programme tailored specifically for indian students? the uerm website mentions it. i think it would be a first. would those who have an idea about the programme and the university, recommend it? and what advice would you have for any potential sub-continent students? i believe classes will start from mid-sept, 2007 or the first week of oct, 2007.
cheers

it's true they have this program. but sorry i don't know much about it

It's not a first...lots of Filipino medical schools are offering or are in the process of offering special programs aimed mainly at students from the sub-continent.

Check out schools like St Louis and AUF for more info.

These programs are new and I think only AUF has graduated or is about to graduate Indians from these special programs. Other schools are behind on this new business wave.

Of course, Indians have graduated previously from Filipino medical schools, but those were from the regular programs.

It's early days yet and nobody really has a good opinion on how these programs will turn out.

saipan is right. These are new programs designed for profit by private Indian companies. They also benefit the affiliated Philippine medical schools as they are lacking in applicants.
St. Louis MBBS is managed by Gopi, Inc., while the more established one AUF is affiliated with an Indian Catholic school (St. Andrews International Academy).

HCMI is the private company you have to contact as they have cornered affiliations from many Philippines medical schools. The only schools in their list that I would even consider are the established ones like UERM, Fatima, and Davao Medical School Foundation.