MBBS In India for OCI

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

futurepriestdoctorboy

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi
I am currently going into grade 12 in 2018 and am hoping to go to India and study to become a priest the congregation that I am hoping to be in is called the Camillians and the priests are medical professionals as well so I have the option of doing something in the medical field. I am hoping to do nursing or MBBS and do MD or MS I prefer to be a doctor rather that an a nurse it would be my first preference. My grades from grade 11 are not good at all I'm only doing 5 subjects Maths b, maths c, biology, English and film. I used to do physics as well but found it too hard. I am currently doing a traineeship as an AIN at an Aged Care as part of my studies. My marks were high C's for everything except film which was B. Do you know what the requirement for me would be? Academic wise to get into medicine? I will be studying to be a priest first so would my high-school marks count? I will be studying in Bangalore or Tamil Nadu to be a priest but I studied till grade 2 in Kerala before coming to Australia so I probably won't be able to go study in kerala as we don't have a seminary there. Do you think I should go for it I am really passionate about being a doctor? Is the study too hard? What marks am I required? Any tips?

Members don't see this ad.

If someone shares idea, that will be better.
I also want to get some answers:)

I'm not a medical professional, but wanted to give my input.

It seems like you're trying to do two careers at once. I'm not sure how possible that is. I envision you as a doctor first who helps patients, but also provides minimal spiritual guidance. If you're looking to provide more guidance I would drop the medical profession and just get into the clergy.

First you need to look at the overall picture which raises some questions.

1. Where are you looking to practice? India? Australia? Both?

2. How much financial support do you have? Medical school is expensive wherever you go. Do you/your family have the means to pay for it? If you get loans will you be able to pay for it with your career path?

3. How much help is your congregation able to provide? Is there a pathway/reservations for your order in certain medical schools? Say Christian Medical College in TN?

4. Are you prepared for a career in medicine? Although you want to be a priest and a doctor the doctor role requires much more responsibilities. Are you ready and able to meet them? Will you be ready and able to meet in the future? How much research have you done into the schooling/career path required for medicine? Do you have a short list of schools?

I would say do some self-reflection to see if this is the path you want to truly go down. You could still do well being a nurse/auxiliary medical professional and a priest.

I'm not a medical professional, but wanted to give my input.

It seems like you're trying to do two careers at once. I'm not sure how possible that is. I envision you as a doctor first who helps patients, but also provides minimal spiritual guidance. If you're looking to provide more guidance I would drop the medical profession and just get into the clergy.

First you need to look at the overall picture which raises some questions.

1. Where are you looking to practice? India? Australia? Both?

2. How much financial support do you have? Medical school is expensive wherever you go. Do you/your family have the means to pay for it? If you get loans will you be able to pay for it with your career path?

3. How much help is your congregation able to provide? Is there a pathway/reservations for your order in certain medical schools? Say Christian Medical College in TN?

4. Are you prepared for a career in medicine? Although you want to be a priest and a doctor the doctor role requires much more responsibilities. Are you ready and able to meet them? Will you be ready and able to meet in the future? How much research have you done into the schooling/career path required for medicine? Do you have a short list of schools?

I would say do some self-reflection to see if this is the path you want to truly go down. You could still do well being a nurse/auxiliary medical professional and a priest.

With the congregation that I am going to we are medical professionals so if i do my MB’s I will be working at the homes by the congregation. I will be practicing in India and I’m pretty sure it’s the congregation that pays for us as they have connections with medical colleges but I am not too sure. I don’t have a shirt lost of schools as even if I did it’s a waste cause one I’ve joined in the seminary it’s up to the discretion of the seminary about the colleges and everything. I won’t be doing the course till I’m half through or have finished my studies for the priesthood again that is the discretion of the seminary. I am still in the process of debating medicine or nursing as they both are something I am very passionate about. Thanks for the reply.