MCAT 2015 Full Lengths

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

newbeginnings

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
For this new MCAT, it really sucks we only have 1 FL (that doesn't even tell us a score). What FL's are you using for this new test aside from the 1 AAMC one?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Possibly the 8 Princeton Review FL's for $299. Saved the old tests and SA's as well since there is a lot of overlap in content.

Possibly the 8 Princeton Review FL's for $299. Saved the old tests and SA's as well since there is a lot of overlap in content.
Is it called the "TPR MCAT2015 Test Package"?

NVM just found it.. hmm. i guess the more practice, the better

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
DON'T BUY IT! Apparently, you will only really be getting 3-4 NEW Fls from the package. The remaining 3-4 come with their prep books.

Also, here's my list for FL:
AAMC #1 sample test (1)
TPR Fl + mini test (5)
Kaplan diagnostic (1)
NS 5 full-lengths ($149)+ half diagnostic (6)
GS free practice test + FL (6) (available in March-May)
TOTAL: 19 FL

@aspiringdocO wow thanks for the feedback! I want to stick with a company that has good reputation, like TBR or TPR. For the TPR FL's how are you getting them? Prep books or separately online? Are you even going to take a look at the old AAMC FL's?

Last edited:
So I've never tried GS, but I heard good things about their FLs for the old MCAT. Apparently, they match the level of difficulty that TBR FLs have. They have some sample 2015 MCAT questions on that link I posted, and in my opinion they were pretty difficult, BUT in a good way. Those questions really required you to dig deep and challenged your critical reasoning skills. If the practice questions pose to be tricky, I would imagine their FLs to also be tricky. And MCAT loves tricky, so why not prep with the harder FLs out there?

And kind of/kind of not. I got FAP so I have access to volume 1 of all the AAMC question packs. Basically, those question packs are a compilation of all the RELEVANT passages from AAMC 3-11. I already have (and done) AAMC 3-11, so I'm mainly using the question packs as a guide to learn the MCAT testing language. Also, it's nice that the question packs utilize the new interface that we will see for the new MCAT (one question per page with passage attached).

And kind of/kind of not. I got FAP so I have access to volume 1 of all the AAMC question packs. Basically, those question packs are a compilation of all the RELEVANT passages from AAMC 3-11. I already have (and done) AAMC 3-11, so I'm mainly using the question packs as a guide to learn the MCAT testing language. Also, it's nice that the question packs utilize the new interface that we will see for the new MCAT (one question per page with passage attached).
oh wow I thought the question packs were the old Assessment question packs! So they're actually composed of old AAMC practice questions?

I haven't gone through ALL of them, but I recognize some of the passages (especially in CARS/verbal) from the AAMC FLs. I would guess that there is a mixture of AAMC FL and self assessments (which are basically AAMC 1-2 & 6). I will peruse through them sometime this weekend and let you know for sure!

I haven't gone through ALL of them, but I recognize some of the passages (especially in CARS/verbal) from the AAMC FLs. I would guess that there is a mixture of AAMC FL and self assessments (which are basically AAMC 1-2 & 6). I will peruse through them sometime this weekend and let you know for sure!
Thank you so so much! The OCD in me will probably by it next month, but please let me know!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Wow, thats outrageous for the 3-4 extra FL's. If you get one of their books its around 30 and you get 3 then if you buy that package its 300 and you get a few more. I'm good

Reactions: 1 users
Has anyone taken the Demo that you get when you buy one of the TPR books? Do you think it is similar to the real thing or is it harder/easier?

I haven't taken it but in the past TPR FLs has been known to be harder than the old MCAT due to the focus on many content details.

Idk about you guys but best case scenario someone purchases the 5 Nextstep Exams, 5 GS Exams, 8 TPR, "X" TBR", 1 Kaplan, 1 AAMC = probably about 23 something practice exams. Assuming someone were to have started studying and taking an exam every weekend--> that's already about 12 exams. Do you think in that last month or month and half someone can fit in 10 exams or is that wishful thinking? Just my .02.

I know of someone who took 18 FL in 2 weeks. It's definitely possible. I think it really depends on the individual's discipline and stamina. I made my study schedule to include 19-20 FLs my last 8 weeks of studying.

Two factors to take into account: burnout and learning from your exams. Rather than speed through a bunch of exams, risk burning out and losing time, and not learning anything from the exam, allow yourself adequate time to recuperate and go over them. I guess it depends on the individual but I avoid burning out by not trying to do too much at once, something especially important before the actual exam.

Reactions: 1 users
@drkobebryant Here's my schedule for the last 6-7 weeks. I'm hoping to take my exam early summer so I am giving myself about 4 months.

Attachments

• EXAM WEEKS.pdf
    295.4 KB · Views: 621
Two factors to take into account: burnout and learning from your exams. Rather than speed through a bunch of exams, risk burning out and losing time, and not learning anything from the exam, allow yourself adequate time to recuperate and go over them. I guess it depends on the individual but I avoid burning out by not trying to do too much at once, something especially important before the actual exam.
I completely agree. For the old MCAT, I burned out. REALLY BAD. To be honest for Full length practice, I'm probably only doing the Question Packs, old AAMC FL's, the 1 new AAMC FL, TBR/TPR ones that come with the book. If I don't do good or get an okay score even, after all those FL's, maybe i'm just not fit well for the mcat. But I just don't want to burn out completely.

Last edited:
Also, here's my list for FL:
AAMC #1 sample test (1)
TPR Fl + mini test (5)
Kaplan diagnostic (1)
NS 5 full-lengths ($149)+ half diagnostic (6)
GS free practice test + FL (6) (available in March-May)
TOTAL: 19 FL

Could somebody tell me where to get those 5 FL from TPR. It is my understanding that 3 come with any of their content review books, but what about the other 2?:confused:

I've seen several people mention new TBR FLs coming out soon? Can anyone confirm this and/or specify where that information is available?

Well I plan on writing it in June. Hopefully they will be out by the end of May so I can use them because the practice test that came with my TPR books didn't seem close to being representative of the few AAMC passages I've seen. I've heard TBR is pretty good at requiring critical thinking in their passages.

What are the chances of the AAMC releasing another practice test by the spring of 2016?
Pretty sure they already announced releasing their first practice test around august (give or take a month) of 2015 (what we currently have is a sample test with no scoring indicator)

Last edited:
Yo so this **** is real expensive. Any cost effective ideas kicking around out there?

I want to take every Full Length available. In my AP classes and for the ACS I rocked it by seeing every question ever possible and I'm going to stick with that strategy. I know it's whiny, and bitchy, but I'd love it if someone had any idea on how to cut the cost.

When are you testing? Some of the prep companies are on the verge (or will soon) of releasing new Full Lengths since there is now a year's woth of testing and student feedback available, along with much more sample material from the AAMC.