MCAT:29Q, Overall: 3.82, BCPM: 3.77

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sivman17

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I took the MCAT in May and got a 24Q, then took it again in August and got a 29Q. As stated, I have a 3.82 and 3.77 gpa. I have lots of volunteer, clinical, extracurricular, leadership, and shadowing experience.

I live in Cincinnati and am applying to all the med schools in Ohio. I have already been rejected from IU (who hardly looks at any OOS applicants) and Wake Forest. My top two choices in Ohio are Ohio State and Cincinnati. What do you think my chances are for those two schools and any of the other schools in Ohio?

Members don't see this ad.

I think you have a decent chance at Toledo, Northeastern, and Wright State, with Ohio State and Case Western being reaches and Cincinnati a possibility. You should focus on finishing your secondary applications as soon as possible, if you haven't already. Best of luck!

Ohio State is your most selective state school, and would be quite a reach for you. Cincinnati is less of a reach, but still has a mean MCAT for acceptees of 33. I'd think you have a good shot at Toledo, NE Ohio, and Wright.