MCAT AAMC Practice score

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Bromodideuterio

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Not sure if this is an appropriate place to ask this, but:

So I just took an AAMC practice exam and scored an extremely unbalanced 509
Chem/Phys: 125
CARS 132
Bio 126
Psych 126
My exam is scheduled for June 1st..is it going to be possible to bring my scores up by then- especially in Chem/phys? Ultimately I haven't spent much time on content review, particularly in physics and psych, does anyone have any advice for high yield ways to learn as much as possible in that time frame? Is it possible? And also, how bad would it be if I scored this way on the real deal?

Members don't see this ad.

- Yes, you can improve your score quickly. If you haven't spent time on content review, you will make gains quickly with content review.
- Study directly from the AAMC's list of topics on the MCAT to avoid learning stuff you don't need to know.
- Use the website Hyperphysics for very concise explanations of physics topics.
- This score not deadly assuming a competitive GPA.

IMO, the easiest section to improve is psych/soc. Given your CARS score, you obviously do not have a problem with reading comprehension. Consequently, your psych/soc score is a result of a poor foundation. Khan Academy psych/soc should be your best friend up until June 1st.

Also, FWIW, I scored 5 points higher on the real deal compared to my AAMC practice exam.

Reactions: 1 user
Your cars score is amazing. Depending on your GPA/ECs a 509 MCAT will probably get you into school somewhere (also depending on where you apply). I think you can do it. Just practice will AAMC material (section banks, qpacks)and see if any of your science scores improve