MCAT and AMCAS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MedSchoolChica

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, I won't be taking the MCAT until June, but once I'm able to, I want to send in my AMCAS application. Do I have to wait until I take the MCAT/get my scores, even if I'm confident in how I'll do?

Thanks to anyone who responds.

Members don't see this ad.

You don't need to wait if you're confident. You can submit and everything will be ready to go once your MCAT score becomes available.

If you're confident that you'll do well you should go ahead and submit the AMCAS as soon as possible. But just to be safe, you can submit your AMCAS application to only one school. You'll be verified early, and after you get your scores in July you can just add the rest of the schools you want to apply to, which is a very fast process. This way you don't waste your money on all the schools if you did poorly on the MCAT (which hopefully will not be the case).

If you're confident that you'll do well you should go ahead and submit the AMCAS as soon as possible. But just to be safe, you can submit your AMCAS application to only one school. You'll be verified early, and after you get your scores in July you can just add the rest of the schools you want to apply to, which is a very fast process. This way you don't waste your money on all the schools if you did poorly on the MCAT (which hopefully will not be the case).

That's a great idea I hadn't thought of! Thanks