MCAT around 30 with interview at UCSD or UCLA?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ghm

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
following the thread on sc, i was wondering if anyone with a mcat of about 30 (below 30, 30, 31) has received an interview at UCSD or UCLA? If so, would you guys mind sharing your other stats and extracurricular activities so I can get idea of what UCLA and UCSD wants?

Members don't see this ad.

I went to UCLA and had a lot of premed friends. I know of only one person that got in with a 31 and it was predominantly due to his research. one of the admissions people had similar reseach background and thus wanted to interview him.

i know someone who got into UCLA with a 29 MCAT.

my own score was around there and i got interviewed at UCSD. i've published as second author, one article and two abstracts. i have volunteer experiences that have really shaped me and helped give real direction to this whole process.

ghm,

I have a 30 on my MCAT and a 3.87 on my science GPA and 3.9 overall. I was interviewed at UCSD and was accepted early January of 2002. Unfortunately, UCLA rejected me post-secondary. I believe that it was possible for me to get into UCSD because UCSD is less selective than UCLA and because of my awesome, ass-whooping autobiography that UCSD requested. It's even better than my primary statement (I wish my personal statement was like that, maybe UCLA would have taken me :( ). But I do believe that UCLA is super-selective. Hope this helps