1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

MCAT around 30 with interview at UCSD or UCLA?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by ghm, Feb 23, 2002.

1. ghm

ghm Member
    7+ Year Member

following the thread on sc, i was wondering if anyone with a mcat of about 30 (below 30, 30, 31) has received an interview at UCSD or UCLA? If so, would you guys mind sharing your other stats and extracurricular activities so I can get idea of what UCLA and UCSD wants?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. nray

nray Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

I went to UCLA and had a lot of premed friends. I know of only one person that got in with a 31 and it was predominantly due to his research. one of the admissions people had similar reseach background and thus wanted to interview him.

4. vyc

vyc Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

i know someone who got into UCLA with a 29 MCAT.

my own score was around there and i got interviewed at UCSD. i've published as second author, one article and two abstracts. i have volunteer experiences that have really shaped me and helped give real direction to this whole process.

5. Cambrian

Cambrian Colonel/Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

ghm,

I have a 30 on my MCAT and a 3.87 on my science GPA and 3.9 overall. I was interviewed at UCSD and was accepted early January of 2002. Unfortunately, UCLA rejected me post-secondary. I believe that it was possible for me to get into UCSD because UCSD is less selective than UCLA and because of my awesome, ass-whooping autobiography that UCSD requested. It's even better than my primary statement (I wish my personal statement was like that, maybe UCLA would have taken me :( ). But I do believe that UCLA is super-selective. Hope this helps