Mcat at 8 am

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

RafMin

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello All,

I wanted to get feedback from those of you who have taken the MCAT at 8 AM..what time were you able to leave the test center?

I am asking because I want to take it at 8 AM in early August and only Fridays have 8 AM at that time and on Fridays I will have to leave the test center ideally at about 130, of course if the situation dictates I will keep taking the test.

So I was wondering if that will be enough time?

Thanks a lot

Members don't see this ad.

I got done pretty early. There were only about 10 people at my center and I was probably out by 1. I would recommend getting up early (6am) ~ 1 month before to train yourself to be ready on test day.

My center opened its doors at about 7:30 and let early comers start right away so I was out around 12:30.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks a lot for your feedback guys. I registered for August 3 Friday. Getting up early is not a problem as I already get up around that time to pray..and in August i will be fasting as it will be the month of Ramadan..so I will wake up early to eat lol :). If any of that sounds unfamiliar feel free to check: http://islamicweb.com/?folder=begin :)

Thanks a lot for your feedback guys. I registered for August 3 Friday. Getting up early is not a problem as I already get up around that time to pray..and in August i will be fasting as it will be the month of Ramadan..so I will wake up early to eat lol :). If any of that sounds unfamiliar feel free to check: http://islamicweb.com/?folder=begin :)

Don't bring religion into MCAT discussions!

But since you did, I will too. Hate to break it to you, but Islam is flawed (I'm Pakistani - used to be a Muslim before I became agnostic)

How was I bringing religion into MCAT? All I was doing was simply sharing information about myself (i.e. I am already accustomed to waking up at that time due to x y z)..its who I am. I never made a judgmental statement on anything. In fact you have done that. Since you have in the Qur'an God says to the prophet to say "you have your religion and I have mine." Since this board is only for MCAT discussions of course I do not expect this to drag on any longer.

How was I bringing religion into MCAT? All I was doing was simply sharing information about myself (i.e. I am already accustomed to waking up at that time due to x y z)..its who I am. I never made a judgmental statement on anything. In fact you have done that. Since you have in the Qur'an God says to the prophet to say "you have your religion and I have mine." Since this board is only for MCAT discussions of course I do not expect this to drag on any longer.

You posted the link to the islamic website, so yes, you did bring in religion into a simple MCAT discussion forum

But since you did, I will too. Hate to break it to you, but Islam is flawed (I'm Pakistani - used to be a Muslim before I became agnostic)

He was just posting the link to offer some background to his question. While he probably shouldn't have posted the link you definitely stepped way over the line by posting your personal opinion about someone else's religion, whether its your former religion or not. I hate to break it to you but just because you decided it wasn't for you doesn't mean you are especially enlightened or give you the privilege of passing judgement on someone else's beliefs.

Take your own advice an leave religion out of an MCAT forum.

You posted the link to the islamic website, so yes, you did bring in religion into a simple MCAT discussion forum

I think you are kind of harassing the original poster who talked about his religion (not in a religious sense). Even if he tried to convert you, your response about Islam being flawed is immature at best. If you leave Islam, that is perfectly fine as there is no compulsion in Islam but to post negative comments about one's religion is not intellectually sound. It is not reasonable and we should encourage each other to be understanding of other peoples cultures --regardless of how we feel about it. Yes we can expect the uneducated to be proud of ignorance and raw emotions but we should not expect bigotry from future doctors. For one to even say a religion is flawed takes a great deal of ignorance and hatred (which I do not expect from aspiring doctors). What happened to tolerance and humanity?

Is this how you are going to treat your future Muslim patients?

Is this how you are going to treat your future Muslim patients?

Boom.

And there it is.

Some of my closest friends are religious. I am not. I'm more than interested to hear their belief systems and discuss them even if they don't line up with mine. That's because I respect their opinion.

I know stress is-a-creepin', but chillllllll.

Ice ice baby.

Hmm how did i miss this? Ah well....i appreciate the (sensible) replies from most of the posters on this thread :D

I would dread taking one that early..Im so not a early morning person : /

Assalamu alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakathuhu, 8am is probably perfect timing during ramadhan then.. you can do a lot of tahajjud prayers and have your suhoor meal to energize you and keep you awake :thumbup: