MCAT Audio Study Guides

Started by jpa1000
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

jpa1000

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Has anyone ever used any of the audio MCAT study guides? If so, were they helpful? Which particular ones have you tried? Would you recommend them?

Thanks for any info!
 
I use EK audio osmosis when I've driving somewhere far, washing dishes, taking naps, doing chores, walking long distances, basically when I'm doing anything that keeps me from physically studying for mcat. I think it has some sort of subconscious affect. I was taking one of the AAMC tests and there was an FS question asking about why the spleen is necessary, and even though I haven't really read up on or studied the spleen, I remember hearing the voice of the A.O. guy saying that the spleen is where old RBCs are destroyed and uptaken. It certainly wouldn't hurt to get one of these audio things.
 
EK audio osmosis is decent if you can get it for a reasonable price ($20 or less; for the love of god do not pay the $200+ I've seen it being sold for on Amazon). It's no substitute for reading and practice passages/tests, but it's good for making down time productive (daily commute, long drives, chores, exercising, meal times, etc). They have some nice tricks in there too. Like how to remember the difference between nucleoside and nucleotide or what a vic dihalide is.