MCAT AVERAGE?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

futurephysician321

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone. I'm currently a senior in high school and it is time for me to consider what I want to do with my life. As of now, I am stuck between pharmacy and medicine. What's bothering me about medicine is I feel resentment towards the MCAT. In essence, I'm nervous if I don't get accepted in medical school. Anyways my question is, What is the average MCAT score in America? Am i making a mistake considering medicine. Should I just pursue pharmacy?

My stats in classes if it helps with anything

Biology-100
Earth Science-100
Chemistry-100
College Biology-98

Algebra-95
Geometry-98
Trig-98
Pre Calc-100

Members don't see this ad.

Way too early.
You're not even a high school grad.

There are reasons why people change their majors or career goals in college.

Go to a college first. See what you want to do instead of dead set on one goal.

It's good that you want to be prepared. But at this time in your life, it is way too early.

And MCAT is a standardized test.

Way too early.
You're not even a high school grad.

There are reasons why people change their majors or career goals in college.

Go to a college first. See what you want to do instead of dead set on one goal.

It's good that you want to be prepared. But at this time in your life, it is way too early.

And MCAT is a standardized test.
The thing is I kind of have to know now. I've been accepted to some 6 year pharmacy programs (PharmD) which I won't have the opportunity to transfer into later.

The thing is I kind of have to know now. I've been accepted to some 6 year pharmacy programs (PharmD) which I won't have the opportunity to transfer into later.

No one can help you with that.

when you applied for the program, I'm pretty sure you wanted to become a pharmacist, not a physician.

it is solely up to you.

Again, with whatever information you wrote up there cannot tell anyone in this forum anything.

We can't say whether MCAT is a good choice for you to do over accepted PharmD program.

I personally think the people who are accepted into BS/MD, BS/DO, or PharmD program are amazing. But I also think that some of these people need to explore more options besides just professional health careers.

I have friends in BSMD BSDO and PharmD programs. They knew what they wanted to do and succeeded in their programs.

We can't answer for you. Choose your path wisely.
Both are great

Reactions: 1 user
No one can help you with that.

when you applied for the program, I'm pretty sure you wanted to become a pharmacist, not a physician.

it is solely up to you.

Again, with whatever information you wrote up there cannot tell anyone in this forum anything.

We can't say whether MCAT is a good choice for you to do over accepted PharmD program.

I personally think the people who are accepted into BS/MD, BS/DO, or PharmD program are amazing. But I also think that some of these people need to explore more options besides just professional health careers.

I have friends in BSMD BSDO and PharmD programs. They knew what they wanted to do and succeeded in their programs.

We can't answer for you. Choose your path wisely.
Both are great
Thank you so much. I greatly appreciate your answer and I'll strongly follow my gut.