MCAT BASICS: General Questions and Preparation

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

FuturePharm21

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
*How many times can the MCAT be taken in one year-3 times max. and do they average or combine scores from different sections for overall highest?

*Generally, when is the MCAT taken for most students meaning which month is best to take it in order to be ready for applying?

*If the MCAT is taken sophomore or junior year, can the student apply to med schools twice meaning once during the summer of soph year and next during summer of junior year or how does this work?

Thanks for your help, I appreciate it:)

Members don't see this ad.

*How many times can the MCAT be taken in one year-3 times max. and do they average or combine scores from different sections for overall highest?

*Generally, when is the MCAT taken for most students meaning which month is best to take it in order to be ready for applying?

*If the MCAT is taken sophomore or junior year, can the student apply to med schools twice meaning once during the summer of soph year and next during summer of junior year or how does this work?

Thanks for your help, I appreciate it:)

if you are taking the MCAT more than 3 times...there is a serious problem.

most schools don't combine scores. you'll have to do your own research if you want to know which do b/c i dont know off the top of my head.

you wouldn't apply during sophmore year b/c that woud mean you would start med school the same year as your senior year. it doesnt make any sense. you won't be done with your undergraduate education. the earliest to apply is summer after junior year unless doing a special early admissions program or you are graudating in 3 years.

i've always wondered how ppl with so many post can ask the simplest questions, please dont take this the wrong way but it always baffled me...