MCAT Preparation?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

FutureDocAnon

Reaction score
Hello everyone!

I'm currently a (now) P2 in pharmacy school looking to take the MCAT. Has anyone used Khan Academy's MCAT course to prepare themselves?

I have the 2019 7 book Kaplan series, and I planned on doing this side by side with Khan Academy. If you did this, how well were your scores?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I did exactly what you did for my MCAT review and got 520. Make sure you spend as much time on practice FL’s tho.

Reactions: 1 user
Does anyone have any advice for preparing for CARS? I am three weeks away from my MCAT and any advice to improve CARS will dramatically help my score.

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone have any advice for preparing for CARS? I am three weeks away from my MCAT and any advice to improve CARS will dramatically help my score.
Three weeks is not enough to drastically improve your score. For now, the best you can do is don’t stress too much over your CARS scores and keep reviewing your mistakes.

Reactions: 1 user
TBH, for content review, Kaplan should suffice! You can always supplement with Khan Academy for topics you are struggling with. Uworld is an absolute must! The explanations for their qbank are the best I have seen!

Really focus on the AAMC CARS Qpacks. After enough practice with them, you will start to get used to the way AAMC lays out their CARS passages, and this will make it easier to answer questions. You will start to notice question types, and how to answer them in a quick manner. Really analyze what you get wrong on the Qpacks and this will make it easier to answer a future question that is of the same style as the one you missed. Best of luck!!

Last edited: