1. Hey Guest! Check out the 3 MCAT Study Plan Options listed in the 'stickies' area at the top of the forums (BoomBoom, SN2ed, and MCATJelly). Let us know which you like best.

Also, we now offer a MCAT Test-Prep Exhibitions Forum where you can ask questions directly from the test-prep services.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

MCAT BIO Question

Discussion in 'MCAT Discussions' started by brodaiga, Apr 13, 2004.

1. brodaiga

brodaiga Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    I have ran across a couple questions in BIO that the TPR material never covers on the AAMC tests. Can anyone post a link or explain the different learning types, i.e: imprinting, habituation, whatever else there might be? Thanks.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. blz

blz Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    You will be wasting more time by going over these miniscule topics that will most likely never show up on an MCAT again. Instead, you should rather ask yourself how you could have guessed educatively to have gotten the answer correct. So far, every quesiton I've seen like that (ie. the parthenogenesis and imprinting question) could have been answered by process of elimination and an educated guess.

4. brodaiga

brodaiga Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    I've seen this on two aamc tests, and getting one more question does not seem a waste of time, it seems like it would only take 5 min to learn

5. CanIMakeIt

CanIMakeIt Fellow
    10+ Year Member

Fellow [Any Field]

I second the opinion that it would take only 5 min to learn the material and 1 question can be what decided between 12 and 13 or a 14 and a 15 :)

6. blz

blz Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    The point is that you're never gonna know what those really detailed questions are. So why waste your time memorizing everything for a measly question that could have been answered by process of elimination.

7. MeowMix

MeowMix Explaining "Post-Call"
    10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    I agree 100%. Choose your most important major area of weakness (e.g. optics, radioactivity, transcription/translation), and put your time into that instead.

8. chameleonknight

chameleonknight Friggin go away, freaks.
    15+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    I agree.Don't worry about the details. Make sure you know the BASICS inside and out. It can make all the difference in jumping 30.