MCAT BIO Question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

brodaiga

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have ran across a couple questions in BIO that the TPR material never covers on the AAMC tests. Can anyone post a link or explain the different learning types, i.e: imprinting, habituation, whatever else there might be? Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

brodaiga said:
I have ran across a couple questions in BIO that the TPR material never covers on the AAMC tests. Can anyone post a link or explain the different learning types, i.e: imprinting, habituation, whatever else there might be? Thanks.

You will be wasting more time by going over these miniscule topics that will most likely never show up on an MCAT again. Instead, you should rather ask yourself how you could have guessed educatively to have gotten the answer correct. So far, every quesiton I've seen like that (ie. the parthenogenesis and imprinting question) could have been answered by process of elimination and an educated guess.

I've seen this on two aamc tests, and getting one more question does not seem a waste of time, it seems like it would only take 5 min to learn

Members don't see this ad :)
The point is that you're never gonna know what those really detailed questions are. So why waste your time memorizing everything for a measly question that could have been answered by process of elimination.

blz said:
The point is that you're never gonna know what those really detailed questions are. So why waste your time memorizing everything for a measly question that could have been answered by process of elimination.

I agree 100%. Choose your most important major area of weakness (e.g. optics, radioactivity, transcription/translation), and put your time into that instead.

I agree.Don't worry about the details. Make sure you know the BASICS inside and out. It can make all the difference in jumping 30.