MCAT Books with EK

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

amy73

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I am looking for books in physics and chemistry (both organic and inorganic) to help me better understand/reference with the EK material. Any suggestions are welcome.

Thanks
Amy

Members don't see this ad.

Hey...
I really need the advice.. 60 posts and no answers.. c'mon

I gave away my phys and chem textbooks years ago, so I just used whatever I could dumpster-dive or borrow from friends. I was teaching an MCAT course, so I had to go into things in more detail than most people would need to.

I used Tipler for physics because my boyfriend had it and it is a good book; I had a dumpster-dived chem text that was fairly crappy. Often I looked up stuff on the web.

I used Atkins for physical chemistry, because I could borrow it from a friend; that was plenty of detail for the thermo stuff.

I highly recommend Campbell and Reece for all bio and physio topics; their CD-ROM is fantastic for activities to help learn concepts.

Originally posted by MeowMix

I highly recommend Campbell and Reece for all bio and physio topics; their CD-ROM is fantastic for activities to help learn concepts.

True. Campbell's book is wonderful. It hits almost every significant biology (genetics, cell and molecular bio, physiology, anatomy, ecology, biochemistry). I think it goes a lil' bit into detail in certain areas. it is very good for the MCAT! Actually that is my reference material in prep for the next April MCAT. But for more detailed analysis of certain subjects, particularly genetics and biochem you will need books that are specific for these subjects. However the MCAT is about basic knowledge and thought.