MCAT CRAMING in 2 weeks

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

auburndr

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
i have my mcat on the 31st of may. and yet haven't start studying for it. what should i do, should i postpone my exam date to next month and if so would i have enough time to prepare for it. and this is if i do it full time. i also want to ask if princeton sample are a good start or not. i mean why are princeton exam so harder than the actual exam.

Members don't see this ad.

sounds like time to put off the test and start studying.

I always thought princeton review tests were easier than the actualy test... But that's becuase I scored higher on the actualy test then I ever did on my princeton review tests.

Members don't see this ad :)
If you have anything else going on besides studying for the test you may want to postpone. I did the same exact thing as you are contemplating last year (2-3 weeks to study for May 31st administration) and was able to raise my score considerably. I did mostly content review with a full length every 2 or 3 days for a total of 5-6 full lengths. Its doable, but you will have to put in several hours every day.

I tried to cram for the MCAT over 10 days and it did NOT go well. I pulled a 27-R which may have been good once upon a time, but it just doesn't cut it anymore.

Postpone it.

I tried to cram for the MCAT over 10 days and it did NOT go well. I pulled a 27-R which may have been good once upon a time, but it just doesn't cut it anymore.

Postpone it.

you make it sound like a 27 is the kiss of death...when it isn't at all. its heavily dependent on the rest of your application.

i have my mcat on the 31st of may. and yet haven't start studying for it. what should i do, should i postpone my exam date to next month and if so would i have enough time to prepare for it. and this is if i do it full time. i also want to ask if princeton sample are a good start or not. i mean why are princeton exam so harder than the actual exam.

You need to take a practice test to see where you stand score-wise. If you do decently (27+), take another one, and so on and so forth. If you are, at the end of the two week period, consistently scoring in the 30's...I say, go for it...take the test. If you are NOT scoring in the 30's...postpone it, seriously. You don't want to end up like me...a 3x MCATer. My parents thought I was going to make writing the MCAT a profession...:oops:

Postpone it.

I ALSO got a 27R on my first try, and also because I studied stupidly! However, I improved my score for the second try (got a 30S) which still wasn't magnanimous but was better regardless. However however, I did not really study for that second time at all.

The point is, the MCAT is bull**** and just deal with it, kids. Everyone who wants to become a doctor becomes one.

I ALSO got a 27R on my first try, and also because I studied stupidly! However, I improved my score for the second try (got a 30S) which still wasn't magnanimous but was better regardless. However however, I did not really study for that second time at all.

The point is, the MCAT is bull**** and just deal with it, kids. Everyone who wants to become a doctor becomes one.

why do you think you improved? luck? being familiar with the test?

Nooo don't postpone, I think you have more than enough time. In fact, two weeks is a little too much time, just wait until the 24th so you have about a week to study that's about all you need for this test. No worries. :thumbup:

Members don't see this ad :)
Nooo don't postpone, I think you have more than enough time. In fact, two weeks is a little too much time, just wait until the 24th so you have about a week to study that's about all you need for this test. No worries. :thumbup:

lol, this is sound advice

Let me put it this way, it's a bad sign when even the mods are having a laugh. Then again, I think most probably think this is a joke thread since they pop up from time to time. It also doesn't look good when you haven't posted any responses, it seems like a classic bait thread.

You'll be hard pressed to find more than one or two people on these boards that only spent two weeks time studying for the MCAT. Of those one or two people you'll be hard pressed to find one that said that they didn't wish they studied for a longer period of time.
I think that the MCAT needs at the very, very least one month preparation.
That being said, 1 month will probably leave you feeling unsure come test time, but you might be able to hit 30.

I recommend at least two months for everyone, regardless of the level of preparation. For instance, if I had to take the MCAT again, I'd still give myself 2 months to prepare.

you make it sound like a 27 is the kiss of death...when it isn't at all. its heavily dependent on the rest of your application.

Certainly. A 27 is not the end of your application, but it sure isn't going to help much. Yeah, the rest of an application can make up for it, but wouldn't the OP rather have a score that stands on it's own? The average matriculant MCAT is ~30 isn't it? So in my book I'd want to at least score that high.

But of course, it does depend on the rest of the OP's app as to what would be acceptable.

you could start by spelling cramming correctly .. that aside .. just know that a 29 is no longer competitive .. a 27 is a kiss of death for allopathic schools, except for URMs. Good luck; study hard. I find that the MCAT is more like a marathon than a sprint, but if you're a good test taker, you're a good test taker