1. The SDN iPhone App is back and free through November! Get it today and please post a review on the App Store!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Mcat/dat

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by mikedoc, Jul 16, 2006.

1. mikedoc

mikedoc Junior Member
    5+ Year Member

How would a score of 22 on DAT convert to MCAT score?

I was predental and took DAT, but I am also looking into medicine
    and looking at taking MCAT.

I know it's hard to compare as MCAT/DAT might be more different than SAT/ACT.
    But just generally, what score would 20, 22, 24 on DAT convert to in MCAT?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. vjkv

vjkv Junior Member
    7+ Year Member

Medical Student
    :)

#2 vjkv, Jul 16, 2006
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2009
  4. Hednej

Hednej ***** Level 60
    2+ Year Member

Medical Student
    My friend took the DAT and he got a 25 and that's a 99 percentile. So I'm guessing a 22 is like a 34 or 35, a very decent score that is.

5. Schaden Freud

Schaden Freud MiSanthrope II
    2+ Year Member

Medical Student
    Why don't you take the MCAT and let us know? :rolleyes:

6. NonTradMed

NonTradMed Perpetual Student
    7+ Year Member

Medical Student
    Take a practice test. A free one is available on the aamc website. People will see a jump anywhere from a 5-10 point increase after prepping for it. That may give you a rough estimate of what your MCAT score will likely be.

7. gridiron

Moderator Emeritus 2+ Year Member

Medical Student
    Man, that is awfully rude....I can't believe someone like you is even considering medical school. So narrow-minded!

8. MrDreamWeaver

MrDreamWeaver Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

Dude they are different tests, so you never know. The DATs don't have physics, so someone who is excellent at physics is kinda @ a disadvantage on the DATs, just like someone who sucks ass at physics is @ a disadv. on the MCAT.

Not that it really means much, but my buddy took the MCAT and bombed it. He then took the DAT and scored very high (he was accepted to UCSF).

like i said, the tests are diff. -- you can't really compare em. You should be more considered w/ whether or not you want to be a dentist or a doctor. If you're passoniate enough about MD, you should do fine on the mcat.

9. ahumdinger

ahumdinger Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Medical Student
    The two tests are different enough to yield very different scores. I teach both the DAT and the MCAT for kaplan. The science required for the MCAT is a bit more in-depth than the DAT, but the difference isn't huge. However, one major thing to consider is that the MCAT is all passage-based. I get a lot of MCAT students who know the material, but cannot answer the passage-based questions. I'd imagine that a DAT student might have a similar dilemma. At any rate, having taken the DAT would put you one step in the right direction. Pick up some physics and some passage reading strategies and you should be good to go for the MCAT. Good luck.