Mcat/dat

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mikedoc

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
How would a score of 22 on DAT convert to MCAT score?

I was predental and took DAT, but I am also looking into medicine
and looking at taking MCAT.

I know it's hard to compare as MCAT/DAT might be more different than SAT/ACT.
But just generally, what score would 20, 22, 24 on DAT convert to in MCAT?

Members don't see this ad.

mikedoc said:

:)

Last edited:
My friend took the DAT and he got a 25 and that's a 99 percentile. So I'm guessing a 22 is like a 34 or 35, a very decent score that is.

Members don't see this ad :)
Why don't you take the MCAT and let us know? :rolleyes:

mikedoc said:

Take a practice test. A free one is available on the aamc website. People will see a jump anywhere from a 5-10 point increase after prepping for it. That may give you a rough estimate of what your MCAT score will likely be.

vjkv said:
what percentile were you in. Now, what mcat score does that percentile match? I would lower the score a bit: one, two, or three points considering Dentists are wannabe MDs and the population as a whole probably would score worse on the MCAT. :)

Man, that is awfully rude....I can't believe someone like you is even considering medical school. So narrow-minded!

Dude they are different tests, so you never know. The DATs don't have physics, so someone who is excellent at physics is kinda @ a disadvantage on the DATs, just like someone who sucks ass at physics is @ a disadv. on the MCAT.

Not that it really means much, but my buddy took the MCAT and bombed it. He then took the DAT and scored very high (he was accepted to UCSF).

like i said, the tests are diff. -- you can't really compare em. You should be more considered w/ whether or not you want to be a dentist or a doctor. If you're passoniate enough about MD, you should do fine on the mcat.

The two tests are different enough to yield very different scores. I teach both the DAT and the MCAT for kaplan. The science required for the MCAT is a bit more in-depth than the DAT, but the difference isn't huge. However, one major thing to consider is that the MCAT is all passage-based. I get a lot of MCAT students who know the material, but cannot answer the passage-based questions. I'd imagine that a DAT student might have a similar dilemma. At any rate, having taken the DAT would put you one step in the right direction. Pick up some physics and some passage reading strategies and you should be good to go for the MCAT. Good luck.