MCAT- examkracker books?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cure0008

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
For the MCAT, I am JUST studying from the Examkrackers books. Is there anyone who also did this and took practice test but did NOT get the Princeton and Kaplan class set BUT still managed to get a high score?

Thanks!!!:p

Members don't see this ad.

I'm studying the phys and bio science sections with TPR cracking the MCAT CBT book, but I'm thinking about getting the EK 101 Verbal, so I'm also wondering about the differences of all the guides.

The consensus seems to be that EK is good for cursory review. That is, if you have a good foundation in the subjects, and just need a little brush up, go with EK. For those who may actually need to re-learn the material (or perhaps learn the material for the first time), EK might not work so well.

I would also say EK is mainly for reviewing the material. Although I did well in my pre-requesite courses, I felt like I was reading someone else's notes as I was going through their book. As a result, I only ended up using their O-chem book.

I would also believe it depends on your personal preference and basic understanding of the material. If you have a solid understanding of the material, I think EK is a great book for reviewing the key concepts. Unfortunately, most average students like myself aren't so used to learning the concept that MCAT stresses, so I had to re-learn the material basically from scratch.

Good luck.