MCAT examkracker for Verbal

Started by Atl21
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Atl21

Full Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi!
I wonder if anyone knows if the MCAT exam kracker for the verbal reasoning can help you on the pCAT reading portion? Thanks guys
 
Wow, I just posted a suggestion to someone else to use that book.🙂

I think the style that Examkrackers uses in that book was close enough to the PCAT. However, most MCAT verbal passages in a prep guide and the real MCAT were noticeably more difficult than their PCAT counterparts in my experiences. Still, I think the format is close enough for the PCAT and the difficulty isn't too much higher on the MCAT.

To give you a vague idea of how much more difficult the MCAT verbal reasoning is, I earned a 7 and 9 on the two MCAT's I've taken (out of 15). A 9 is mediocre for most M.D. medical schools except for in-state schools who are just slightly more lenient. On the PCAT, I scored on the 94th percentile for Reading Comprehension.😀

Overall, I think the book will help for practice, but don't get down if you score poorly on those practice tests.