MCAT expiration?

Started by S.S.Minnow
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

S.S.Minnow

Full Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I’m currently waitlisted at 4 different schools, so I’m trying to solidify back up plan. I took my MCAT in April 2017 and scored a 513. I’d prefer not to have to take it again. I was wondering how long an MCAT score will be accepted? I’ve read 2-3 years, but is it 2-3 years from the start of the application cycle, or 2-3 years from the start of the first year of medical school?

I’d like to take this year off to improve my app, so I would reapply in May 2019 for the fall of 2020, but if my MCAT won’t be accepted by that time, then I’ll have to consider applying DO this year.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad