MCAT Flashcards

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rls303

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,
I'm planning on taking the MCAT on 04/17/10 and I was wondering...what are the best flashcards to use for the MCAT when you just want to study on the go?

A few ideas I had was this one...but 52, sounds really small to me? Anyone have any experience with it?
http://www.mcat-bookstore.com/flashcards.html

How is this one? It seems really dense...for those that took the Kaplan course, is this the same set of flashcards they gave you guys?
http://www.amazon.com/Kaplan-MCAT-Box/dp/1427797862/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1264215892&sr=8-1

Also, on a side note, are the Kaplan laminates/review sheets good to have as well?

Thanks for any help!

Members don't see this ad.

The Kaplan MCAT in a Box is 1000-some cards of review words.

Example would be "Isotope" or "Ester" on the front and definition on the back. Not worth it if you have a fresh background in your subjects, as it is more concept and less practice for the test.

Members don't see this ad :)
The Gold Standard flashcards do not provide a word on one side and the definition on the other. The GS cards aim to provide you with more than 200 of the most tested concepts on the MCAT on 54 cards. Thus there are normally 3-5 related questions on one side of the card and answers (graphs, diagrams or illustrations) on the other side.

For example, you could expect to have a question that asks you to consider what happens if you double the distance between two point charges (or masses) and then compare the ratio of the new/old force. On the other side, the relevant equations are presented and the key ideas are highlighted. The purpose is to remind you to consider that both Couloub's Law and Newton's Law of Gravity have a similar structure (makes it easier to remember): inverse square laws (double the distance, 1/4 the force; triple the distance, 1/9 the force, etc.).

These cards have few definitions; most of the time, the "questions" start with: How, When, Why and Describe. $7.99, in color and if you're creative and have MCAT buddies, you can make it a game! :sleep:

I know this is an old thread, but thought I'd throw this in:

I am a current med student, and I created 3,499 flashcards while preparing for the MCAT. They're a mixture of original practice problems combined with definition- and concept-based review cards. I studied using review books and these flashcards, scored competitively the first time I took the MCAT, and got into med school on my first try. Now, I offer my cards for download from my blog, http://www.jintus.blogspot.com.

The cards are designed to work with Mental Case for Mac OS X or for any Apple (iOS) device that supports the app, which comes as a free classroom version from the App store.

I stand by these cards as a solid review / practice method for preparing for the MCAT while on the go. Check it out or PM me if you have any questions:

Jintus Study Digital Flashcards

I really wish they'd standardize flashcard files so that people could share/buy decks yet still use their preferred program.

In the mean time, ~half of the benefit of flashcards comes from making them anyway, so I guess it's not too much of a loss!

I know this is an old thread, but thought I'd throw this in:

I am a current med student, and I created 3,499 flashcards while preparing for the MCAT. They're a mixture of original practice problems combined with definition- and concept-based review cards. I studied using review books and these flashcards, scored competitively the first time I took the MCAT, and got into med school on my first try. Now, I offer my cards for download from my blog, http://www.jintus.blogspot.com.

The cards are designed to work with Mental Case for Mac OS X or for any Apple (iOS) device that supports the app, which comes as a free classroom version from the App store.

I stand by these cards as a solid review / practice method for preparing for the MCAT while on the go. Check it out or PM me if you have any questions:

Jintus Study Digital Flashcards
hi, could you send me the link to your flash cards? would appreciate it.