mcat for dental school

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kdizzy

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
which dental schools take the mcat score during the application process?

Members don't see this ad.

umm... probably none. the DAT is different than the MCAT. you'd have to take the DAT. but you can call the schools and see.

you could apply to case western's MD/DMD program. that's probably the only way to get a dental degree without taking the DAT.

Members don't see this ad :)
hey do you guys think I can use my DAT while applying for an MBA?

which dental schools take the mcat score during the application process?

The best way for you to check is to e-mail each dental school with your name and AMCAS ID, and ask if they will accept the MCAT. Schools love that, especially if you are applying to both the MD and DDS program at the same school. Also let them know that Dentistry is your "back-up" in case you don't get into an Allopathic Medical School, it's what admissions commitees want to hear.

ohhh i just love these threads. so entertaining haha

definitely take somethinpositv's advice...i couldnt have said it better!

Kdizzy.

Dont listen to these clowns. Every dental school with take the MCAT. Just submit your scores and don't bother writing the DAT.

Instead of sending my taking the DAT, I just sent my SAT scores.

Maybe thats why i only have one interview so far

It's mostly the more prestigious, ivy schools who are willing to take the MCAT, so I'd limit the dental aspect of your application to HSDM (Harvard), Columbia, UPenn, UCLA and UCSF. They understand that most of the high-end, desirable dental applicants are pre-med backups and are willing to work with you.

Don't listen to everyone else in here they're just jealous.

man thanks for all the help guys!! it's great knowing that i can still have a backup in dental schools, especially the prestigious ones, i didn't know getting into dental school was so easy!:thumbup::D

its good to know that I can always count on SDN for endless comedy :D

No.. I don't think he missed it.

Check the link. lol

You mean the link to sarcasm?...as in why my post was on sarcasm? geez people.

Status
Not open for further replies.