MCAT Form C

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bujji13

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Did anybody else have C? From all the posts, it seems pretty rare, although i guess they should all be equally common..Anyway I had CN:

Verbal: no surprises here, and really not that bad..only complaint is that some of the passages seem mismatched with their questions; the passages about pageants/history or whatever seemed like easy reading but the questions were kinda tough whereas the passages about Sartre and the cosmos seemed tough but had easy questions.

Physical: not too bad, but kinda wierd with some questions sort of out field...
1)What was the deal with the extraction passage? Isnt this organic chemistry? Does anyone know which extraction was better (one expmt just evaporated ether while the other got rid of both layers.)
2)Electrode/spectrum passage: what effect would NaCl have, I couldnt decide...
3)Muscle passage: which direction of a climb takes more work?
4)Electric tether passage (bizarre): what angle should be between the rope and the B-field for max EMF?
5)Discrete: what type of water surface (concave/convex) would make something look closer than it is?

Biological: I cant decide who I want to strangle more - the ACT people or TPR..lots of my least favorite bio topics, evolution, genetics, and quite a bit seemingly random questions based on detailed outside info...
1)Runner passage (AAAAH!): What was the main idea of it? Also, which athlete was the "best" (1,2,4,5), what combination of parameters was the best, and what is the "best" way to run the experiment?
2)Evolution passage: that one question about the resistant trait (is it homo/hetero dominant/recessive?)
3)Discrete (really pissed me off): Frogs w/ spots in Wisconson question was simply uncalled-for (is temperature, genetics, or both?). Also, are random environmental events part of genetic drift or natural selection? And the most hateful, how many C NMR / H NMR signals question? (were there only 4 H signals?)

Anyway, I know this was an eternally long post, but I just wanted to give some detailed feedback so that others would also add there comments on form C/discuss the questions above (and soother my nerves a little). Although I would probably be less nervous if I just stopped thinking about it and discussing it!

Members don't see this ad.

You've pointed out a lot more questions that I wasn't sure about. I'm writing what I put... What does everyone else think???

---
Did anybody else have C? From all the posts, it seems pretty rare, although i guess they should all be equally common..Anyway I had CN:

Verbal: no surprises here, and really not that bad..only complaint is that some of the passages seem mismatched with their questions; the passages about pageants/history or whatever seemed like easy reading but the questions were kinda tough whereas the passages about Sartre and the cosmos seemed tough but had easy questions.

Physical: not too bad, but kinda wierd with some questions sort of out field...
1)What was the deal with the extraction passage? Isnt this organic chemistry? Does anyone know which extraction was better (one expmt just evaporated ether while the other got rid of both layers.)
2)Electrode/spectrum passage: what effect would NaCl have, I couldnt decide...
WHAT WERE THE CHOICES ON THIS ONE? I DON'T REMEMBER WHAT I PUT.

3)Muscle passage: which direction of a climb takes more work?
4)Electric tether passage (bizarre): what angle should be between the rope and the B-field for max EMF?
I PUT 90 DEGREES, RIGHT? BECAUSE SIN 90=1???

5)Discrete: what type of water surface (concave/convex) would make something look closer than it is?
I PUT THAT IT'S GOING FROM LESS REFRACTIVE INDEX TO MORE, OR SOMETHING LIKE THAT--THINKING THAT IF YOU LOOK FROM AIR TO WATER THE WATER IS HIGHER REFRACTIVE INDEX AND YOU SEE THINGS BIGGER. I HOPE I REASONED THROUGH THAT RIGHT.

Biological: I cant decide who I want to strangle more - the ACT people or TPR..lots of my least favorite bio topics, evolution, genetics, and quite a bit seemingly random questions based on detailed outside info...
1)Runner passage (AAAAH!): What was the main idea of it? Also, which athlete was the "best" (1,2,4,5), what combination of parameters was the best, and what is the "best" way to run the experiment?
2)Evolution passage: that one question about the resistant trait (is it homo/hetero dominant/recessive?)
I THINK I PUT HOMO RECESSIVE BUT I DON'T RECALL FOR SURE. I FORGET THE DETAILS I USED

3)Discrete (really pissed me off): Frogs w/ spots in Wisconson question was simply uncalled-for (is temperature, genetics, or both?).
I FORGOT ABOUT THIS ONE--THIS IS RIDICULOUS! I PUT BOTH, BUT I HAVE NO IDEA IF THAT'S RIGHT.

Also, are random environmental events part of genetic drift or natural selection?
I PUT GENETIC DRIFT. I HOPE THAT'S RIGHT.

And the most hateful, how many C NMR / H NMR signals question? (were there only 4 H signals?)
YES, IT WAS 4 H AND 4C. I COUNTED WRONG THE FIRST TIME AND THANK GOODNESS THAT WASN'T ONE OF THE CHOICES AND THEN I COUNTED AGAIN AND GOT 4 AND 4.

Anyway, I know this was an eternally long post, but I just wanted to give some detailed feedback so that others would also add there comments on form C/discuss the questions above (and soother my nerves a little). Although I would probably be less nervous if I just stopped thinking about it and discussing it!

i'm bumping my own thread...it makes me sad that
no one is replying, so at least this way, I'll get to see it near the threads that get all the
posts.....ho hum