MCAT Kaplan Qbank

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

stitchattack

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey Guys,

I know there are other threads regarding the Qbank but they were from a while ago so thought I should I ask. Has anyone been doing the Kaplan Qbank? I'm taking my MCAT in about a month and I'm getting worried because of my progress. I have gone through the EK books and now reviewing the contents after I do the practice questions. I do about 30 Qbank questions a day and supplement the verbal with TBR or EK 101. I'm averaging in the 40-45% area for those Qbank questions. I will be taking the AAMC 7-11 starting this weekend so I'm just subbing the Qbank as extra practice.

My Question is, has anyone gone through the Qbank questions and how much harder/easier the real MCAT questions are compared to those? If you can share how well you do on those Qbank questions when compared to the real thing, that would be great.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

thanks. I never used the kaplan qbank: maybe i should. I used the AAMC practice exams and the self-assessments.

hmm well I used it and would get from 60-80% which correlated to double digits on my exams. But honestly the Kaplan questions are REALLY different/more convoluted than AAMC. AAMC takes a lot of common sense and simplicity whereas Kaplan is a lot more thinking/calculation based. I learned a lot from it and some of the same topics would come up on AAMC although maybe worded differently.