MCAT learning from scratch - basics to indepth

Started by thankULord
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

thankULord

New Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I took my pre-requisites 14 years ago and I do not remember much from my science classes.
I often hear that the most popular MCAT prep books are meant for review, not for learning the material.

Are there any resources available (a course, website, book, etc.) that cover all of the material specific to the MCAT with enough depth to help a first timer fully understand the concepts?

I have 1 year to prepare for MCAT while I am finishing my undergraduate degree in psychology.

Please, advise me what would be the best MCAT review that starts with basics and can help me gain the knowledge that traditional students gain while taking recent science pre-requisites and do well on MCAT?
 
I took my pre-requisites 14 years ago and I do not remember much from my science classes.
I often hear that the most popular MCAT prep books are meant for review, not for learning the material.

Are there any resources available (a course, website, book, etc.) that cover all of the material specific to the MCAT with enough depth to help a first timer fully understand the concepts?

I have 1 year to prepare for MCAT while I am finishing my undergraduate degree in psychology.

Please, advise me what would be the best MCAT review that starts with basics and can help me gain the knowledge that traditional students gain while taking recent science pre-requisites and do well on MCAT?
pick any prep book, but more importantly get textbooks; use prep books, textbooks, and khan videos to fill out the AAMC outline with as much detail as possible with concepts and examples (examples both from textbook and personal life); then go back through that outline and this time using a different font/color condense everything you wrote into a few key phrases while also making tables comparing content from different categories; for biochem and bio, similarly outline textbook chapters (in textbook or TBR Bio) relevant to AAMC outline, then return and make concept maps; for phsyical sciences, just do problems