MCAT older than 2003 - waiver?

Started by Trader56
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Trader56

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
For an applicant who took the MCAT before 2003 (and did well in 2000), how many schools will give a "waiver" or accept older scores?

My guess is that you just have to call everyone you're interested in and ask, but if anyone has been through this or has some insights, please let me know.

Thanks!
 
I doubt you could get a waiver like that.

I believe some schools will accept old scores with a waiver on a case by case basis. If I remember correctly, I think on UCSF's secondary they mentioned something about a waiver to use old scores. (It might be another school--I can't remember as all my secondaries are becoming a blur now.)