MCAT physics tips? doing horribly on berkeley physics passages

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

swineflu

ima own ma mdog
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello. I took general physics two years ago and did very well. I also took princeton review hyperlearning course over the summer so a lot of the concepts are fresh in my memory.

BUT i have such a hard time with berkeley physics passages. They are so hard! I am getting only half of the questions right (which is equivalent to a 7 according to their score conversion) and this is making me frustrated.

On the other hand, I am doing well with 1001 EK physics questions.

What do you think my problem is? Should I do NOVA physics to solidify my understanding (I don't have much time though)? Or, you guys think Berkeley Review physics questions are just impossible? How do TBR physics passages compare with the actual MCAT passages?

Thanks in advance!

Happy MCATTING....:D... not

Members don't see this ad.

I had the same issue when I started out. Things aren't great now, but they are getting better. As you practice and do more passages, you'll get the hang of it. Also, try to do them in phases, or 1/3 at a time. This way you learn from your mistakes, and can come back to reassess yourself.

I see you are in New Jersey. Where are you located? If you want to do group studying please let me know.