Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Have some questions about planning my MCAT exam. To preface, I will be applying next cycle.
I am unsure of when to take the MCAT exam. I am currently doing full-time studying/preparing during the summer (2.5 months) and don't know whether to register for a late September date or wait until January.
Benefits of September:
Will be fresh off summer preparation
Get it out of the way fast
Option to take it in January again if my score isn't good
Benefits of January:
Will have summer studying + winter break studying to prepare + 5 hours weekend studying during semester
Possibility of having more AAMC practice tests out
Will get more practice tests in
Cons of January:
Will be part of the 2016 testing cycle. This could be potentially bad because it may be scaled more harshly than the 2015 one due to more familiarity.
New study material (EK, etc) will probably be out for this one later on towards the year. Don't want to invest $250 in more study materials for updated material when I currently have okay material, but I may have to in order to maximize my chances
Could possibly forget much of the summer studying material
With all things considered, which option would you suggest I take and why? I will continue with my plan of intensive summer studying either way, and will put myself in position to take either one. What is recommended for me to register?.
I am unsure of when to take the MCAT exam. I am currently doing full-time studying/preparing during the summer (2.5 months) and don't know whether to register for a late September date or wait until January.
Benefits of September:
Will be fresh off summer preparation
Get it out of the way fast
Option to take it in January again if my score isn't good
Benefits of January:
Will have summer studying + winter break studying to prepare + 5 hours weekend studying during semester
Possibility of having more AAMC practice tests out
Will get more practice tests in
Cons of January:
Will be part of the 2016 testing cycle. This could be potentially bad because it may be scaled more harshly than the 2015 one due to more familiarity.
New study material (EK, etc) will probably be out for this one later on towards the year. Don't want to invest $250 in more study materials for updated material when I currently have okay material, but I may have to in order to maximize my chances
Could possibly forget much of the summer studying material
With all things considered, which option would you suggest I take and why? I will continue with my plan of intensive summer studying either way, and will put myself in position to take either one. What is recommended for me to register?.