MCAT Practice Answer Sheet?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DameJulie

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Especially when it comes to online practice portals, I was not able to strike-out wrong answers and often find it time-wasting when it comes to review. I want to see my train of thoughts and which answers I was able to eliminate.

Does anyone have an answer-sheet style sheet which keeps tracks of A, B,C,D answers that they would like to share? Not an expert on computer, so DIY is a challenge for me. Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

I used this approach many times and it's great to look back on a couple of days after completing it.
I didn't use an answer-sheet style sheet or a template or anything but instead, I would write down my logic as I was solving the problem.
For example,

Passage 1: Blah blah blah, train of thoughts are great to record because it may help comprehend logic and reasoning. Yadda yadda blah blah.
Question 1: Why should you do this?
A. It looks cool
B. It feels good
C. It works
D. It helps you understand

And so in my notebook, I would write the following:
Q#1: This question is asking me the reason behind recording train of thoughts
A. There was nothing in the passage about looks
B. A good feeling could be possible but I don't remember it being said in the passage
C. The author is presenting this information because it seems to work, this sounds like a logical and reasonable answer
D. I don't remember seeing the word "understand" within the passage yet it seems like the main idea of the passage was about understanding why recording train of thoughts is effective.

So this notebook would be like a diary where I would talk to myself.
I thought it was important to look back on it a couple of days after and not immediately because emotions and perspectives change and so thoughts change accordingly.

This does take a lot of time but I only did these for a couple to help see my flaws in logic and reasoning.

I hope this helps because it really helped me!

I used this approach many times and it's great to look back on a couple of days after completing it.
I didn't use an answer-sheet style sheet or a template or anything but instead, I would write down my logic as I was solving the problem.
For example,

Passage 1: Blah blah blah, train of thoughts are great to record because it may help comprehend logic and reasoning. Yadda yadda blah blah.
Question 1: Why should you do this?
A. It looks cool
B. It feels good
C. It works
D. It helps you understand

And so in my notebook, I would write the following:
Q#1: This question is asking me the reason behind recording train of thoughts
A. There was nothing in the passage about looks
B. A good feeling could be possible but I don't remember it being said in the passage
C. The author is presenting this information because it seems to work, this sounds like a logical and reasonable answer
D. I don't remember seeing the word "understand" within the passage yet it seems like the main idea of the passage was about understanding why recording train of thoughts is effective.

So this notebook would be like a diary where I would talk to myself.
I thought it was important to look back on it a couple of days after and not immediately because emotions and perspectives change and so thoughts change accordingly.

This does take a lot of time but I only did these for a couple to help see my flaws in logic and reasoning.

I hope this helps because it really helped me!
Thanks! Did you write all these down while doing the test, or while you review the test? I tried to do it during the test and it's giving out unrealistic time count for my sections (aka over 10 mins for 1 passage).

I did these only for the section banks/question packs. Then I would see patterns in my thought process and fix them then apply them to the tests.