MCAT practice vs. real

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Real MCAT score was ..... than the average of the last two aamc practice tests?

• Much, much higher (5+ points)

Votes: 7 5.2%
  • Much higher (3+ points)

Votes: 29 21.6%
  • Higher (1+ points)

Votes: 33 24.6%
  • The same

Votes: 28 20.9%
  • Lower (1+ points)

Votes: 23 17.2%
  • Much lower (3+ points)

Votes: 8 6.0%
  • Much, much lower (5+ points)

Votes: 5 3.7%

• Total voters

Apparition

1K Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
How did your real MCAT score compare to the average of the last 2 practice tests you've taken?

Members don't see this ad.

I had a 33 ave. then a 30 on the real MCAT.

But, are you talking about test prep company MCATS or AAMC MCATS?

I thought the AAMC tests were great predictors. I consistently got the same score on all of those, as well as the real MCAT.

Members don't see this ad :)
I took the AAMC full-length practice tests and I consistently scored a 37, but I got a 17 on the real MCAT. So in my humble opinion, the AAMC tests are a great predictor of performance on the real McCoy. :smuggrin: :eek: Good luck this Saturday...you're gonna need it! :laugh:

My real MCAT was only lower by 1 point than my practice ones from the AAMC site.

I do feel for all of you taking the MCAT soon. It sucks, but you will survive. I wish you all the best luck in the world.

A friendly hint: Bring some advil, your neck will get stiff from looking down so long.

35 on the real thing when I averaged about 31 on practice exams.

I know someone who got 30 flat on the practice exams and broke 38 on the real thing. How's that for encouragement?

I was always between 31 and 35 on practice tests (I bought Kaplan tests from a friend and they were they were the same). A good day would mean 35, a bad one would mean 31. I got 33.

ooooooooh, it's so nice to see that the majority of people did better or the same on the real thing!!!!!!

DrSal said:
ooooooooh, it's so nice to see that the majority of people did better or the same on the real thing!!!!!!

damn saturday isnt comin fast enuff.

Thanks for voting guys!

DrSal said:

Yeah, that's pretty encouraging. :D

Good luck to everyone taking the test on Saturday. And try not to worry if things aren't going perfectly this week. I was too nervous to sleep, too nervous to eat, then started to get nervous about not sleeping and not eating, didn't know what to do the night before and then changed my mind at the last minute, in short, I was a mess.

And, I still did much better on the real thing than any of my practice tests, just go into the test confidently, and if you've studied and put in the work, you'll do fine.

any more aamc v real thing scores?

wow a bunch did 5+ higher. Awesome! I got 1 pt less.

I consistently scored 40's on the practice exams and scored a 12 on the real thing:(:(:(

Oh wait, I havent taken it yet. MCAT people, stop reading this thread. Go relax or something

Look at the fantastically shaped bell curve

elias514 said:
I took the AAMC full-length practice tests and I consistently scored a 37, but I got a 17 on the real MCAT. So in my humble opinion, the AAMC tests are a great predictor of performance on the real McCoy. :smuggrin: :eek: Good luck this Saturday...you're gonna need it! :laugh:

A 17? you kidding?

thought I'd bump this up for some reassurances and comfort to those in distress. think positive!