mcat prep AND summer school????

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Amilily

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hi everyone,

I'm taking TPR's mcat prep course this summer, classes spanning until august. It feels like my actual test date is really far away (Aug 20th) that I was contemplating doing summer school as well. The course would be 1st year physics, which also has a lab component every week. Anyone manage to do summer school and study for the mcats at the same time? Or am I just trying to do too much at once? Since this is the first time going for my mcat, I'm just unsure about the time management that I have to put in.

:confused:Em

Members don't see this ad.

I did the exact same thing last summer (princeton review, physics). In the end, I didn't feel prepared enough to take the August mcat. You really need time to study all the areas, and i didn't really have it. So I took it this may, in which I had more time to study plus having taken molecular genetics, animal physiology, and immunology which I had not had last summer. But, you could be 10 times smarter than me and be able to handle it.

I wouldnt recommend this.... I tried doing this last year and it turned out that summer school was a lot more difficult than the normal semesters bc everything is condensed..... ended up not going to my prep classes and focusing more on real classes...... I would recommend just focusing on TPR and maybe take those summer classes another time....i wish i had done that!
goodluck!

hi everyone,

I'm taking TPR's mcat prep course this summer, classes spanning until august. It feels like my actual test date is really far away (Aug 20th) that I was contemplating doing summer school as well. The course would be 1st year physics, which also has a lab component every week. Anyone manage to do summer school and study for the mcats at the same time? Or am I just trying to do too much at once? Since this is the first time going for my mcat, I'm just unsure about the time management that I have to put in.

:confused:Em

A lot of people in my prep class did this during the regular semester, but I wouldn’t recommend it for the summer because summer school is way more condensed especially physics. You should also finish your first year of physics before taking a prep course and the MCAT.

Thanks guys, I'm gonna think about directing my free time to volunteering and other activities. I've actually done the first half of physics (1 semester), just gotta get the full year's worth!