MCAT Prep this summer

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted600623

Hi

So I'm currently planning on taking the MCAT in august or september of 2016 because I need to take Biochem which is only offered in the fall at my university. I also would like to devote at least 12 weeks of uninhibited studying to the MCAT. With that being said, I have a set of "old" Kaplan MCAT prep books that were given to me by a recent accepted medical student. Is there anything I should/could be doing this summer to start gearing up for the MCAT without rigorously studying?

Thanks for the help!

Members don't see this ad.

I'd say so, that's 15-16 months away. I can't even remember what I learned 5 months ago, let alone a year. Studying the CARS section might be a good idea though

Members don't see this ad :)
Yes, there's no need to worry about it so far in advance. There's very little you can do right now to improve your score (and actually, a lot you can do to harm it.. especially with burnout and using up valuable resources).

Spend your time this summer improving other aspects of your application. If you really want something academic going on, I would enroll in a class or two that is tangentially related to the MCAT but not necessarily a required course (genetics, physiology, etc.). Focus more on the learning style than the concepts.

Hi

So I'm currently planning on taking the MCAT in august or september of 2016 because I need to take Biochem which is only offered in the fall at my university. I also would like to devote at least 12 weeks of uninhibited studying to the MCAT. With that being said, I have a set of "old" Kaplan MCAT prep books that were given to me by a recent accepted medical student. Is there anything I should/could be doing this summer to start gearing up for the MCAT without rigorously studying?

Thanks for the help!
Check out our summer program.

This week is test prep week in SDN. To learn more about our exact match tests, click on the test prep week icon on the home page, go to test prep, then MCAT, then Find us!

Last edited:
Check out Altius test prep's summer program.

This week is test prep week in SDN. To learn more about our exact match tests, click on the test prep week icon on the home page, go to test prep, then MCAT, then Altius!

I won't be preparing rigorously this summer because I won't be taking it until next august. What can I do now to lightly prepare?

Last edited: