MCAT preparation

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

yhoon10

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm graduating in 2018 and I want some details about MCAT, when to take it, medical school application deadlines, and good score for MCAT that med school wants. graduation date is mid-may and I'm assuming deadlines for the medical school applications are due in january, so is it recommend to prepare for the exam and take the test before december then apply for the medical schools if I get good scores? please help me

Members don't see this ad.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-04-05 at 9.54.08 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-04-05 at 9.54.08 AM.png
    8.1 KB · Views: 46
Also does having certifications (relating to medical) help and look good on the application?

Is this real life? You're a pre-med and you wait until the year before you plan on applying to medical school to research what is required or how the application process even works? lol you're wildin. Application cycle starts in June if you're applying MD you should ideally apply in June or July. For MD you should take your mcat May or early June if you want to be early in the application cycle, which its a rolling admissions cycle so you should.

By certifications do you mean CPR and first-aid? I mean you can put it on your application, but I doubt it really holds any merit. Took me like 45 minutes to get a CPR and first-aid certification so I doubt it hold much value.