Hey Guest! Check out the 3 MCAT Study Plan Options listed in the 'stickies' area at the top of the forums (BoomBoom, SN2ed, and MCATJelly). Let us know which you like best.

Also, we now offer a MCAT Test-Prep Exhibitions Forum where you can ask questions directly from the test-prep services.
SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

Mcat Preparation??

Discussion in 'MCAT Discussions' started by ocdp09, Apr 11, 2007.

1. ocdp09

ocdp09 Junior Member 2+ Year Member

Jul 26, 2006
    Chicago, IL
    hey everyone..i was just wondering what some of your study methods were to prepare yourelfs for the mcat....my weaker section is bio so i will be focusing on that more, but what did you all do...take the practice tests alot? re-read all your gen science books? etc.

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. Dr. Gangrene

Dr. Gangrene AZPOD 2011 Moderator Emeritus 10+ Year Member

Aug 4, 2006
    Valley of the Sun
    Focus on what YOU need.

If your content is weak you should focus a good deal of energy reviewing (hopefully NOT learning :) )
    If you have your content down, take practice tests under conditions AS SIMILAR AS POSSIBLE to what the real test will be like.

Good luck. :thumbup:

4. Mastac741

Mastac741 Junior Member 10+ Year Member

Nov 6, 2005
    OK bored, so here's what I did:

Read the Kaplan MCAT book trying to get an overall picture
    Did Exam Krackers Verbal
    Got flashcard program from www.premedflashcards.com to help me with concepts and content
    Took all AAMC tests

Did well. I got into medical school, and I will start this August. Pretty bored until then.

5. Andrea326

Andrea326

Apr 17, 2007
    sounds like good advice

6. MDAdam

MDAdam 10+ Year Member

Sep 21, 2006
    I would suggest not cracking open your undergrad text books to kick off your studying. Get a good, comprehensive MCAT review book and read it all the way through. Highlight sections that you need better understanding in, and then possibly look to your text books for better clarification. The problem with bio and chem books is that they go into more detail than is required for the MCAT. Take a practice CBT asap so you get a feeling for what the test is actually like. I did the mistake of waiting a month before doing so, and as a result I discovered that my approach to studying needed to be revised. And make sure to take a lot of practice MCATs, and to review them once you are done. Make a little note sheet while you are reviewing the tests of what you missed and why. Hope this helps! When are you going to take the test?