MCAT Prompts example..help please

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

reyhani5

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone, if you guys could help me with thesis and anti thesis examples that would be great!!!!!! ok here are few prompts that I have hard time with

1)Good government demands that principles must sometimes be compromised.
2) The best education teaches students to question authority.
3)the main concern of law is the protection of persons, not the protection of property.

thanks! :)

Members don't see this ad.

For the second one,

I would use Germany's teaching of the Holocaust as the thesis and the General McChrsytal case as the antithesis with the synthesis being: .the best education should teach students to speak against authority when those in charge are harming the populace of the country and to respect authority when speaking out harm the safety of the country or of citizens of the country, such as in the case of a war.

I actually wrote an essay for the prompt if you'd like to read it.

For the first:
I'd use the flood of foreign workers/immigrants in Europe as the thesis: On the one hand these immigrants cause economical problems as they can take the work of native workers, since they are cheap labor force. on the other hand the authorities can't ignore the physical state of these helpless people.

the antithesis could be allowing terror organizations take part in political acitivities, as in the case of Lebanon.
I got testprep-online's writing sample guide, which gave me some great insights on essay writing, you should check it out.