MCAT Question a day website

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mwall003

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was just curious as to whether or not anyone uses this website as one tool to prepare for the MCAT. If so, did you find it benefital or is it just a waste of my time?

EDIT: apparently you can't post a link. but if you google mcatquestionaday it'll come up.

basically it's a website that offers a random MCAT question. I just want to know if these are similar questions that show up on the MCAT or a worthless waste of time.

Members don't see this ad.

Ok I think that's how I'm going to approach it some questions seem helpful while others seem off the wall and I could never see showing up on an MCAT.

--I'm a sophomore beginning to think about how to best prepare for the MCAT. (Taking spring of Junior year)

Members don't see this ad :)
those questions are usually too easy

Agreed. But I found it helpful nonetheless. Got you used to MCAT type questions. I went to it everyday too for like 6 months. I signed up for the mailing list too so every morning I had a new question in my email.

most of the mcat is passage-based, btw. the question-a-day thing may help you remember factoids but the mcat doesn't really test your factoid knowledge base. i'd spend my time learning how to problem solve and how to read for relevant information, and doing passage-based practice problems if i was really looking to prepare for the actual test day

edit: i am just assuming the question-a-day thing isn't passage based. if it is, then it might be worthwhile

Agree with jla. Stand alone questions are not the majority of the material on the MCAT. But I think it's probably still useful for you. Just don't count on just that obviously. Take lots of real practice test.

Moving to the MCAT forum.