MCAT Question- Spoiler from C/P QPack

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

treeclimbingmonkey

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
1607175548958.png

Could someone please explain this to me please? I got it right, because it is the only answer that makes sense, but I don't completely understand the reasoning behind it.

Members don't see this ad.

The ideal gas law assumes that there's no intermolecular forces and that the the actual volumes of the molecules do not affect the gas (think about how a molecule of a gas does take up some space and how gas molecules might interact but are far enough to not have a significant effect). At 180 giga pascals you are increasing the pressure enough where it compresses the gas together where molecular volume and intermolecular forces does become a factor.

Reactions: 1 user
The ideal gas law assumes that there's no intermolecular forces and that the the actual volumes of the molecules do not affect the gas (think about how a molecule of a gas does take up some space and how gas molecules might interact but are far enough to not have a significant effect). At 180 giga pascals you are increasing the pressure enough where it compresses the gas together where molecular volume and intermolecular forces does become a factor.
Thank you!