Mcat Question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DOC G.

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
What would be a good MCAT review source if you have a low science GPA and a par overall GPA? I hear that EK is a really good one. What are your thoughts?

Members don't see this ad.

I think EK AudioOsmosis and their five 101/1001 Q books are really good. Not too sure about their 31 mini MCATs though --> heard mixed reviews about that.

The EK AudioOsmosis organic chem section(as well as parts of bio and genchem) is great if you have a textbook to go along with (any ol orgo/bio/genchem book).

Also the AAMC official practice tests 4R, 5R, 6R, 7 (7R doesnt exist, and 3R is free!), which u can get off ebay or aamc.org

You can also get three other free mcats (not sure how good they are but who cares) off www.mcat-prep.com

Also two more free mcats from both the princeton review site and the kaplan site (just sign up for a free account and in the medical section they have an offer to take a free test)

hope that helps

DOC G. said:
What would be a good MCAT review source if you have a low science GPA and a par overall GPA? I hear that EK is a really good one. What are your thoughts?

EK and PR are both good reviews to take!! but from what I hear EK has an edge over PR and PR over Kaplan. you could do some research on SDN n find out for sure how one is better than the other

Members don't see this ad :)
Akshay said:
EK and PR are both good reviews to take!! but from what I hear EK has an edge over PR and PR over Kaplan. you could do some research on SDN n find out for sure how one is better than the other

More people on SDN seem to take kaplan..and I myself actually decided to take kaplan instead of TPR because of all the praise for it I've seen here. I may be incorrect though.

Must be that online question bank :D

From personal experience:

Exam Krackers seems like their info is more straight fwd and focused than Kaplan, BUT if you can afford it, the Kaplan with classroom is the best by far. There are tonz of resources to utilize but the real key is to HAVE A FREE SCHEDULE to take advantage of all they offer. I did it while taking other classes at the same time, and I regret it. If I had made more time to spend at the study center I am certain my score would have been better. Luckily I was DO worthy, but unfortunately a little shy of MD standards.
Plus it helps if the teacher you get is not a ding-dong. Mine was great and the personal attention goes miles.

Good Luck :luck: